• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

North Texas April 22 Ride Report

additional photos

Attachments

• DSCN0815.JPG
    DSCN0815.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCN0816.JPG
    DSCN0816.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN0818.JPG
    DSCN0818.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCN0823.JPG
    DSCN0823.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN0820.JPG
    DSCN0820.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
More water!

Attachments

• DSCN0832.JPG
    DSCN0832.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCN0831.JPG
    DSCN0831.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCN0827.JPG
    DSCN0827.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCN0825.JPG
    DSCN0825.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN0824.JPG
    DSCN0824.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 240
Last Photo that shows that we finished the day out

Attachments

• DSCN0835.JPG
    DSCN0835.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 235
I use google earth, county maps (to make sure the roads are not private) and GPSies.com - which is where all of my routes are stored and made. I have large monitors on my computer to spread it out and make it easier...truth be told...I do most of them when I travel, because i have nothing to do at night in my hotel room.

To All who went.. Thanks for a great ride, Thanks for the complements on the ride, Thanks to Gary for sharing his knowledge...and thanks for putting up with my errors on the GPX file..

Still working on next months route... hope to have it published shortly.

Last edited:
Any chance somebody wanna ride this route tomorrow? I'm free and wanna go.

My bro-in-law and I are looking at doing this Sat as well. Looking like a ton of rain though, but if it pushes off, we are in.

When I created a route using Basecamp and the gpx it's shows 220 miles total. Lots of one after the other uturns too which is where I think the extra mileage came from. Just need to adjust a few points I think on the backend before uploading the route to the ZUMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

220 seems just about right

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Weather report so far says rain won't end until around 6AM on Sunday, so probably pretty nasty. We will probably hold off for two weeks (next week riding in Cabo) and will give it time to dry out.

When I created a route using Basecamp and the gpx it's shows 220 miles total. Lots of one after the other uturns too which is where I think the extra mileage came from. Just need to adjust a few points I think on the backend before uploading the route to the ZUMO.

Said it before but I think I've got the u-turns corrected and the missing track through Clifton corrected. Maybe. Hopefully.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/20540767

Can I get the GPX of that, or did you post it at the beginning post? Or do I sign up for that site and somehow get it?

DeerSplitter, open that link, look on the right hand side of the page, click the "export" tab, scroll down to the orange "gpx track" and it will download. I converted to a route since my old garmin will not support 1000+ points.

Got it. I am soooooo irritated with today. It said it was a 100% chance of rain and still says it. But the storm is way up north so wasted day vs hitting this ride.

Don't be afraid of the water....embrace it...you were going to get wet anyway!

Jen and I are up in the Arkansas Mountains in the rain and enjoying the ride...

A little water is not going to keep us from having a good time!

Attachments

• 2800.jpg
    2800.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 2799.jpg
    2799.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 2802.jpg
    2802.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 224
Got it. I am soooooo irritated with today. It said it was a 100% chance of rain and still says it. But the storm is way up north so wasted day vs hitting this ride.

I know man. Same here. It was 4 of us scheduled for today. And I wanted to go either way, but everybody else bailed because of the forecast. So I didn't wanna ride by myself.
Anybody wanna go tomorrow?

Well in retrospect, I guess the tornado weather that hit was not far away. In all seriousness though there are lots of stories (some on this site) of riders getting struck by lightning. Water does not bother me, but lightning is serious.

Back