• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone tried a Crampbuster/Throttle Rocker?

It rolls into the gap between the bar end and the throttle grip...holding the throttle in place by friction.

for bikes that don't have bar ends but a chrome cap, you can put the o-ring between the throttle grip and the switch housing.

I remove the throttle grip, slide the 0 ring on and reinstall the grip? I am just slow, but I do poor work.

ThrottleMeister on the GS

0-ring trick on the KLR, but I put it on the inside of the grip between the grip and the housing for the throttle.

ThrottleMeister works way better,,, 0-ring is way cheeper.

jhansen said:
I remove the throttle grip, slide the 0 ring on and reinstall the grip? I am just slow, but I do poor work.

I think you can just roll the 0-ring up past the flare on the throttle grip if you find one big enough. But yes, there's no other trick to it.

Remember, this essentially defeats the spring return action of the throttle to provide relief from "death grip".

On a H-D, can't you just tighten the throttle lock screw under the switch housing for cruise control? I thought all models had this. Not the recommended usage, I know, but most every H-D rider I know uses it.

dukey33 said:
I
On a H-D, can't you just tighten the throttle lock screw under the switch housing for cruise control? I thought all models had this. Not the recommended usage, I know, but most every H-D rider I know uses it.

That's what I do and it does help. Tighten it up just enough to hold it in place but able to roll it off as needed. I was just asking because I have never heard of the "0 ring trick". Looks slick to me.:clap:

3 cheers for jhansen! He graciously sent me his Crampbuster/Throttle Rocker that wasn't being used anymore free of charge. Gotta love this group! As I mentioned to him in a PM, the next slice of pie is on me...

wczimmerman said:
3 cheers for jhansen! He graciously sent me his Crampbuster/Throttle Rocker that wasn't being used anymore free of charge. Gotta love this group! As I mentioned to him in a PM, the next slice of pie is on me...

:eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :rider: :clap:

wczimmerman said:
the next slice of pie is on me...
Hmmm, that sounds messy to me. Why don't you just buy him a piece of pie & let him eat it? :-P
:mrgreen:

I didn't realize that throttle rocker had changed their design. I just ordered a crampbuster.

Usually if I'm riding through some twisties and varying my rpms up and down, I don't have any problem with gripping the throttle. It's the slab getting to and coming from any of the halfway decent roads in the area that's the problem. Hopefully this will help.

Edit: Oops, I just realized I revived a REALLY old thread. Oh well. That's what I get for reading several pages back in the forum... :doh:

Since this thread was started, I have switched bikes and no longer have a throttle lock and use the cramp buster. Works well, nice and simple.

I use a crampbuster but was really wanting to try the o-ring trick after my last long distance trip.

I use a crampbuster but was really wanting to try the o-ring trick after my last long distance trip.

Get a Vista Cruise, you'll be much happier for $25. Simple thumb operated control and it looks stock when mounted correctly.

VistaCruise.jpg

Last edited:
Dennis gave me his Crampbuster when he upgraded to the throttle lock, I rode my fizzer uncomfortly until I changed grips and remembered this wonderful thingy and have bonded with it nicely ever since!:zen:
Thanks Dennis!:rider:
ATTACH]

Back