• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this the Fairgrounds location for Sat banquet?:

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Farm+to+Market+Rd+2169&hl=en&ll=30.475178,-99.76279&spn=0.009469,0.01929&sll=30.485737,-99.767532&sspn=0.03787,0.077162&geocode=FQ780AEdMrcN-g&t=h&mra=mr&z=16"]google map[/ame]

Crazy,

I am emailing the route in .gpx format for the GPS to every rider that registers so they can check it out prior to the event.

For this year's challenge we are riding a clockwise loop from Junction to Del Rio and back to Junction.

Rich--did not get the route.

dave

Rich--did not get the route.

dave

Hi, Dave.

I sent it in my reply to you on March 20. I'm guessing it didn't come through for whatever reason. Please check your email as I've just now re-sent it.

I had all but given up on going to the TAR or TAC since Saturday the 21st will be my youngest sons 18th birthday. My oldest son wisely suggested that the family all go to Austin on Saturday and play golf to celebrate. It took me all of 2 seconds to embrace that idea and suggest that I could ride at the TAR on Friday and Saturday and still get back to Austin for Golf on Saturday.

Now my question, are there any rooms left for Wednesday and Thursday night?

Howdy,

Any dis-Organized d/s rides from the Austin'ish area to Junction on the 18th...or the day before the events?

Bubba "RB" Smith

Yeah, that's the same location I found. CR182 and FM 2169.

looks like a place for flat rack racing

flattrack1_peteblog.jpg

Any dis-Organized d/s rides from the Austin'ish area to Junction on the 18th...or the day before the events?

I'm in Austin, but planning on leaving around noon on Thursday, probably right after lunch at Billy's. Anyone wanting to join me is, of course, welcome. I don't have a route yet, but I'm not necessarily looking to go the most direct way...

Speaking as a newbie going on the TAR ride..will 705's work for the entire ride,or do I need to mount back up my 606's? I plan on doing as much back/dirt road as possible and the James River Crossing if that falls into place.

Thoughts...opinions???

I'm in Austin, but planning on leaving around noon on Thursday, probably right after lunch at Billy's. Anyone wanting to join me is, of course, welcome. I don't have a route yet, but I'm not necessarily looking to go the most direct way...

Willing to ride dirt CR part of the ways?

O_Matic did most of the route on his Versys with stock tires. He handle it quite well, just let 10 PSI out of the tires for extra grip.

RB

Willing to ride dirt CR part of the ways?

O_Matic did most of the route on his Versys with stock tires. He handle it quite well, just let 10 PSI out of the tires for extra grip.

RB

Dirt CR's are fine, I've done a bit of that and am eager to do more. Got a route in mind?

Does anyone have a .gpx they are willing to share to get from Austin area (or nearby) to Junction on Class 1 and Class 2 roads? We are heading out Friday morning and would like a nice route out there.

I am in !!! Just made hotel reservations at the Days Inn for Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately I have family stuff on Saturday night but at least I will get some miles in. :clap:

Check your email - there is a route waiting for you there.

Does anyone have a .gpx they are willing to share to get from Austin area (or nearby) to Junction on Class 1 and Class 2 roads? We are heading out Friday morning and would like a nice route out there.

Austin to Junction

I'm planning on riding from Austin to Junction on Thursday for the rally. I've got a fun route planned that consists of twisty backroads and some fun dirt roads, with one or two easy water crossings thrown in for good measure. Any and all are invited to join me.

Meet Thursday morning, 8:30 am, at the Sac-n-Pac at 125 North FM 1626, Buda. Stands up at 9 am.

The route is 163 miles and should take us about about 6 hours to get to Junction. Bring water and some snacks to munch on - we won't eat lunch until we get to Junction.

I'm not able to leave until Thursday after lunch, probably 1pm or so. If that changes, then I'd love to join ya'll. Otherwise, I'll blaze my own trail and will meet ya'll for dinner in Junction...

Austin to Junction

I'm planning on riding from Austin to Junction on Thursday for the rally. I've got a fun route planned that consists of twisty backroads and some fun dirt roads, with one or two easy water crossings thrown in for good measure. Any and all are invited to join me.

Meet Thursday morning, 8:30 am, at the Sac-n-Pac at 125 North FM 1626, Buda. Stands up at 9 am.

The route is 163 miles and should take us about about 6 hours to get to Junction. Bring water and some snacks to munch on - we won't eat lunch until we get to Junction.

I'm coming from Katy. Was considering trailering but now will just leave early enough to meet yall and ride out in your group.:rider: Looking fwd to it.

OK the weather is looking very good for camping during TAR so tomorrow I will be giving up my motel room at the Hill Country motel in Junction. Its a double room at a great rate (but I don't remember what it for sure). It's for Thursday thru Saturday. So if anyone needs this room PM me tonight and I'll see if they will let me put it in your name so we don't lose the room to some outsider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Coming from Bastrop, be in Buda by 8:30, ready to ride. If I slow you down too much, I'll pick another route.

The Florida "Texas Adventure Rider " is on the road. Two easy days of pulling the trailer (1100 miles) Now in New Braunfels - checking out the German Heritage. Went to Gruene Hall last night. Learned it is pronounced GREEN. This makes no since to me- I grew up in a German family and it would be spoken as GRU NE. I Liked the music-- but have know Idea how to dance like that. (Texas 2 step) Great beer at the Faust Hotel. See you guys on Thursday Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back