• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run Schedule and Locations

wczimmerman

The ORIGINAL Pie Man
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I figured I'd post a list of the rotation and include any location changes and/or date changes. Nothing is set in stone, so if a location or date works better for the group, I'm game.

One thing to note is that Senior Tourmeister requested that the SE Texas/Houston location be moved to June so he could attend.

April 29th:
E. Texas-Mosier's Cafe @ Lake Fork Marina
May 20th: N. Central Texas-Koffee Kup in Hico, TX (moved due to the Memorial holiday)
June 24th: SE. Texas-Pie in the Sky in Conroe, TX
July 29th: Central Texas-Debbie's Pies, etc.. in Hutto, TX
August 26th: E. Texas-East Texas Burger Company in Mineola, TX
September 30th: SE. Texas-Almost Heaven in Brenham, TX
October 28th: N. Texas-Ranchman's Cafe in Ponder, TX
November 18th: Central Texas-Love Creek Orchards Patio Cafe in Medina, TX (moved due to Thanksgiving holiday)
December 30th: Second annual "End of Year" Pie Run

Thoughts? If you have an additional pie run location that would work, let me know! We need more Pie Run Scouts to do some recon!

Right now, I have the December run as open in case we want to talk about doing another end of year event like last year.

Last edited:
bushwhacker said:
Don't we go to the Almost Heaven (name?) place in Brenham anymore?

-
:doh: I forgot about that place! Hmmm...where to put that one...

:tab Beth and I stopped at the Pie In The Sky last week to check it out. Very nice place with a good selection of both pies and cakes. They have tons of parking and a pretty large seating area. The burgers looked really good. We'd love to do a bike night there on Thursdays but they are only open till 6:00pm :doh: Be sure to call them and let them know we are coming. Their pies are conveniently packaged so Gilk51 can take something home for the eating machines.

I don't see anything in South Texas.:( Someone Please :pray: tell me that there is a good pie place in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, McAllen or ?

Looks like i'll have to keep my eyes and stomach open on my :rider: and find a pie place :eat: closer to home.

FJR Bandit said:
I don't see anything in South Texas.:( Someone Please :pray: tell me that there is a good pie place in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, McAllen or ?

Looks like i'll have to keep my eyes and stomach open on my :rider: and find a pie place :eat: closer to home.

Just let me know when you find one! I know we have several members down that way, so a location closeby would be good!

How about this place for some recon:

Cakes By Judy
400 E. Houston
Beeville, TX 78102

I'm sure you could find something, too in Victoria.

Gotta be some good pie places in south Texas out around West Columbia, Needville, Bay city etc. I would think.

FJR Bandit said:

I guess the farthest south location was in Kyle, just this last month. Are we gonna do that one again? I thought it was a good place, even though a mite far away... :roll:

wczimmerman said:
How about this place for some recon:

Cakes By Judy
400 E. Houston
Beeville, TX 78102

I'm sure you could find something, too in Victoria.

I'll have to recon :eat: this place out on my next days off. That should be in about a month. :doh: :rofl:

Used to live in Corpus Christi. I think this place needs some recon:

http://www.lamichoacanabakery.net/

Also, Snoopy's, just under the JFK causeway on the island side, is always a good place in my book - not so much for pies, but the seafood you're eating was swimming that morning.

Perhaps someone local to there could post a personal assessment.

Ed.

Please forgive a Houston newbie to the forum (and to motorcycling in general), but:

On these pie runs, where do they start? If I ever get a break from school, I'd love to come along...

-Michael in Seabrook

Sominus said:
Please forgive a Houston newbie to the forum (and to motorcycling in general), but:

On these pie runs, where do they start? If I ever get a break from school, I'd love to come along...

-Michael in Seabrook

They start from your house!:trust:

Seriously, there is usually a group starting from several areas. There will usually be a Houston group and someone will post a meeting spot and time such as -

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10367

-

Forgiven and :welcome:

Pie run starts from your house ..... alone. :haha: Then if you have other local riders you can meet them someplace else and :rider: to the pie location.

The idea of the pie run came about as a way for people on here from all over the state to be able to meet others on the site. It was never set up to be a traditional "group ride" per se, but as others have stated we usually have a group meeting point and a ride to that location. It also allows flexibility for those persons who might not have an entire day to commit to a day long ride. Many times groups will set up a ride after meeting at the pie run location.

Just show up at one if you can and look for the threads about meeting points. Welcome to the site.

Some suggestions, from personal experience :eat:

Koffee Kup, Hico TX
Clark's BBQ, Tioga TX
Open Door Delta Grill, Sanger TX (great Pecan Cobbler!)
Bluebonnett Cafe, Marble Falls TX

Beady :rider:

FJR Bandit said:
Pie run starts from your house ..... alone. :haha:
And sometimes you ride for a LONG time... alone... because you live so far south in Texas there's no one else around. :trust:

But then you win the Long Distance award and life is good again. :clap:

David rode 347 miles ONE way to eat pie with us last week.

VickyBeads said:
Some suggestions, from personal experience :eat:

Koffee Kup, Hico TX
Clark's BBQ, Tioga TX
Open Door Delta Grill, Sanger TX (great Pecan Cobbler!)
Bluebonnett Cafe, Marble Falls TX

Beady :rider:
Hi Vicky, take a run through the Story Telling forum and you can see some of the experiences we've had at some of those locations. KK and BBC are two ride favorites. :eat:

wczimmerman said:
July 29th: Central Texas-Debbie's Pies, etc.. in Hutto, TX

Is this one still on? I looked at Pie Run VII on the "TWT Sponsored Events" board, but that one is from last year. (Can this thread be moved to that forum?)

STill Fiddlin said:
Is this one still on? I looked at Pie Run VII on the "TWT Sponsored Events" board, but that one is from last year. (Can this thread be moved to that forum?)

Yes! I'll be creating the thread in a few minutes. I've been working and I haven't had the chance to create it. Sorry. :giveup:

Back