• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Marfa, Fort Davis, Alpine lodging

When I passed through Ft Davis a couple years back I stayed at an old motor lodge in a "camp room". I think it was $35 or $45 bucks. Screen door, sink, and nice down comforter. Maybe it was already mentioned as I can't recall the name of the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only reason to go thru Marfa is because its on the way to Pinto Canyon . Pizza factory was ok but as everything else there odd hours . SEYA

Wow! Did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?:sun:

Yeah, ... after all, there's also the Marfa Lights viewing sight (if you are fortunate enough to actually see the Mystery Lights, and not be fooled by the auto lights visible on the highway to/from Presidio)

Dependent upon direction of travel, Marfa is the gateway to:
  • Presidio
  • Ojijaga, Mexico
  • Valentine
  • Van Horn
  • Alpine
  • Fort Davis
  • Pinto Canyon, and Chinati Hot Springs (formerly enjoyed as Kingston Hot Springs)
  • Big Bend Ranch State Park
  • Lajitas
  • Terlingua
  • Study Butte
  • BBNP
  • Boquillas, Mexico

All of which are places I'd rather spend time in, over Marfa. :lol2:

I'm not a golfer, but did play a round there, once, with someone taking golf as an elective at Sul Ross. For me, the highest altitude course in the state is just another reason not to go to Marfa more than once. :doh:

Other than getting fuel, food, and lodging (overpriced for the area), I'd have to agree that it is primarily for passing through for anyone other than those of an artistic bent with deep pockets, the fans of James Dean and the movie Giant, and those locals with business at the Presidio County court house. :yawn:

Yeah, ... after all, there's also the Marfa Lights viewing sight (if you are fortunate enough to actually see the Mystery Lights, and not be fooled by the auto lights visible on the highway to/from Presidio)

Dependent upon direction of travel, Marfa is the gateway to:
  • Presidio
  • Ojijaga, Mexico
  • Valentine
  • Van Horn
  • Alpine
  • Fort Davis
  • Pinto Canyon, and Chinati Hot Springs (formerly enjoyed as Kingston Hot Springs)
  • Big Bend Ranch State Park
  • Lajitas
  • Terlingua
  • Study Butte
  • BBNP
  • Boquillas, Mexico

All of which are places I'd rather spend time in, over Marfa. :lol2:

I'm not a golfer, but did play a round there, once, with someone taking golf as an elective at Sul Ross. For me, the highest altitude course in the state is just another reason not to go to Marfa more than once. :doh:

Other than getting fuel, food, and lodging (overpriced for the area), I'd have to agree that it is primarily for passing through for anyone other than those of an artistic bent with deep pockets, the fans of James Dean and the movie Giant, and those locals with business at the Presidio County court house. :yawn:

Did we,,,,also get up on the wrong side of the bed this week :giveup:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.....................................................................

..........................................................................:duck:

.....................:mrgreen:

Future Shark Cafeteria & Day Lounge. I really wanted a diet Coke. Nope lol

Back