• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NORTH TEXAS RIDE JULY 15, 2017 - BONHAM RUN 1

Reaction score
Well it looks like July 15 will be the day based on my calendar.

I put this up for planning purposes...but haven't decided on a ride yet. Based on the heat of the month I am thinking this will be a short run and try to keep it to 130 miles so we can finish by 1 or 2pm.
I am looking North to the Fan in county to Paris Tx area. I have also considered putting in at prosper again and going North for a stretch...there are some great roads up that way.

Stay tuned...i will get a route up in the next week or 2.

Chris

Last edited:
Re: NORTH TEXAS RIDE JULY 15, 2017 - Bonham Run 1

So here is the route for July.
This is the unfinished version of the route. The final will be posted before the ride. This is a short route of 144 miles. It will have some points of interest along the route. Possibly 2 or 3 water crossings...Alot of DIRT roads from what I can tell. I have personally seen one and it was cool because of the overgrowth.

The Map begins in Bonham Tx...at the McDonalds. There is a large parking lot if you bring a trailer. This will not be too fast of a ride because I am bringing my wife on her first backroads dual sport ride on her own bike...a Modified Honda CRF230M.

The route crosses thru the grasslands and makes a stop at Flying Tiger Field for some sight seeing.

This is the first ride in this area and it might to prove to be a good one based on what appears to be a lack of gravel. Some of the roads have very thick overgrowth...which is really cool.

Take a gander at this route, provide feedback, make your plans and meet us there..

Chris

Attachments

• BonhamRun1.gpx
    220.3 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
I'll comment / sorta commit. :-P I have a new to me Tenere and was planning on trying to make this if it is big bike friendly... if not Big Bike friendly may still make it on my WR250R if there are places to fuel up on the route (still have stock gas tank).

Sylvie, Rebecca and I will be on it!! Sorry for the mess up on the June ride. Hopefully your wife might make this ride as we would love to meet her.

Gary

Yes, she will be in on this ride as well...See you then!

And Yes I always plan my routes for the 250's... My wife is on a 230...

This looks good! I am a strong maybe until I can confirm. Thank you for putting this route together and organizing the ride.

Last edited:
I am interested. The start is 100 miles from the house making it a long day even if the ride is short.

If you're coming up north of Dallas then I'm in, it doesn't matter how hot it is !!

Thinking of doing this with the wife as well. Think there will be much deep sand?

I don't think so...we are still getting recon from the area...it should be an easy ride with some great scenery.

If you mean this Gary, then yes I will be there with my wife and daughter.. if you are asking another Gary then ignore this reply!!

Gary

Might like to join you. I'm in SW Fort Worth and will be riding a plated dirt bike so will be trailering. I expect you will be starting early to beat the heat. What time are you expecting to start?

Possibility for me but my WR plates are out......

Back