• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member introduction

Reaction score
Not new to two wheels or Texas. Grew up on the west side of FT. Worth. Started riding in 1968. Rode the TX enduro circuit in "72/7"3 and the trials circuit in "75/"76. Moved on to riding Mexico, CO and NM. Did the CDR in "03/"04 and the middle 1/3 of the TAT. USAF missile tech, had a VW shop in Arlington from "72 - "95. Hobbies include RC model airplanes, golf, jewelry (lapidary, silver/gold casting and smithing). Use to do some climbing and heavy equipment operator at McMurdo. Always looking to go on a nice ride. :rider:

I'm 73yo and have 3 bikes atm: 2013 KTM 450xcw
P4220287-XL.jpg

1989 Honda Transalp (slightly modified :trust:)
i-68Wjszd-XL.jpg

and 2004 FZ1
i-2sjXRsd.jpg

Welcome to the site! :wave:

What's the story on that head light setup on your KTM?

Welcome to TWT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's another shade (or something) over the headlight in the first picture to a point where I can't see it at all

There's another shade (or something) over the headlight in the first picture to a point where I can't see it at all

Ah, ok. At night the light from the headlight reflected off of the windshield so I made a little shield. Works good.

P9230535-XL.jpg

nice rides :) good work on the screen / light mounts . Like how you grounded the micro turn signals right there . I see people run ground all the way to the battery :rofl:

Welcome to TWT,love the Honda. What a nice ride. Do you ride it much? KP

Yes I ride it a lot. It's become my go to bike for pavement and DS type rides. The only things that are oem is the main frame, motor and part of the wire harness.

The KTM works great for CO/NM jeep trails and BDR/TAT/CDR stuff.

Last edited:
:welcome:

Joining the chorus on your bikes - nice!!! And :clap: for your adventure life. McMurdo is a pretty long haul. My son's been stuck at Amundsen Scott until the weather clears there to get flights out. Think you can help? ;-)

:welcome:

Joining the chorus on your bikes - nice!!! And :clap: for your adventure life. McMurdo is a pretty long haul. My son's been stuck at Amundsen Scott until the weather clears there to get flights out. Think you can help? ;-)

Ha, probably not. I was there in 1990/1991. Interesting experience. Climbed Denali (McKinley) in "84 and the Eiger in "86, so cold was nothing new. But I think I've been colder right here than any of those places. It seems I never have the right things on when it gets cold around here. :shrug:

Last edited:
:welcome: & enjoy! Nice rides you have there.

Couple more shots of the TA.

i-tMNx2Mr.jpg

Didn't we meet at saturday morning gathering at the Pit Stop Cafe in Mansfield a couple years ago?

There can't be that many of these floating around.

At any rate, welcome!

Didn't we meet at saturday morning gathering at the Pit Stop Cafe in Mansfield a couple years ago?

There can't be that many of these floating around.

At any rate, welcome!

Yep that was me. Larry (Jeephoto on ADVrider) invited me. Took me this long to sign up. Looking forward to meeting some new folks to ride with.

Glad you finally signed up.

Jump in and get to know folks.

6 of us met yesterday in Poolville, rode to Graham for lunch, picked up a couple more and rode small roads east of Graham.

It was an impromptu ride, pulled together at the last minute.

Back