• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member Intro

R

RonB

New guy here. I recently bought the KLR pictured below from another TWT member. Most of life my motorcycle riding has been off road with a little road back in 2003. I spent the last 15+ years riding bicycles (road and cross country) and finally burned out.

So, being a middle aged guy who wanted a motorcycle, I bought a dual sport bike. Long Way Round Syndrome I suppose. I make it a point to ride as many dirt/gravel roads as possible as tarmac can't be entirely avoided.

Anyway, I live in southwest Arlington/Mansfield and usually ride in Ellis and Johnson Counties on Sunday afternoons during Cowboy games. Made my way to Itasca this afternoon and the photo was taken somewhere off of ..????. Not certain and really don't care.

Here is the bike, the ubiquitous KLR 650. Adding farkels a little at time. KLR Dash and Ram Mounts for my GPS and iPhone. Lower KLR Dash is next. Happy Trails 1" extended shifter as I couldn't get my size 14 boots under the stock shifter. Great bike for the money and the only thing I wish it had is a 6th gear. Other than that, what a bargain.

IMG_3999-X3.jpg

Only one bike for the moment, unless you include those that have pedals.

Looking forward to some rides in the future with other TWT members.

RonB

Welcome! Holler if you ever make it around New Braunfels way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to the mad house, the bike looks in great condition. Keep an eye out for dual sport rides, there are a couple of great guys on this forum that arrange dual sport ride outs every month or so, they are usually a lot of fun and a great way to make new friends, I am just north of Dallas so not very near you but if you ever need any help or a place to stay in Dallas, I am always available and happy to help anyone on this forum.

Gary

Welcome to TWT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aloha and welcome to TWT. There are a ton of KLR riders here. Are you planning on doing any camping off the KLR? We do that here sometimes if you watch the Upcoming ride section,you will see when there's one coming up. KP

Welcome MCADDICTS Anonymous. ...and it only gets worse.

Welcome from Burleson. Another KLR rider here. PM me if you ever want to get together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome and I hope that y'all had a great holiday weekend.

I rode the West Lipan Route (not sure who it was that provided the GPX file) on Friday and it was great.

Thanks a million to the responsible party or parties for taking time to prepare the route and sharing.

Ron

Back