• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Quick Lunch Run - Matagorda

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Franck
I had the day off on Friday so decided to go to Matagorda for lunch. Got a bit of a late start and took FM 1053 west from Houston to Wallis. There I picked up TX 60 all the way down through Bay City to Matagorda. The day started cool and stayed very pleasant. After Fulshear, the route rolls through farm country.

I had lunch at the Waterfront Restaurant and Bar in Matagorda. The Waterfront is located at the Matagorda Harbor and has some of the freshest raw oysters I've ever had. Combined with gumbo and tea it made a perfect road lunch.

After lunch I rode to the beach then headed home.

Pictures of course:

Close to the beach

2cdkav5.jpg

View from the bridge

n3vtac.jpg

Barge on the Intracoastal Waterway

23ibas0.jpg

The smudge is smoke from a distant fire.

All in all a very good day,

Chuck

Yeah baby! A day off well spent. Thanks for sharing. :clap:

Last edited:
I live about 20 minutes away and can't wait to go drive around down there this summer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I really need to take a run down there. Have not been there in a few years.

Barge on the Intracoastal Waterway

23ibas0.jpg

The smudge is smoke from a distant fire.

All in all a very good day,

Chuck

Sounds like a good way to spend a day off.:rider:
FYI though, that's not A barge on the IC canal, but 2 of them. They look to be 300x54 liquid cargo barges, most likely petroleum products. They appear to be empty or nearly so.

Back