• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sneaky Low Light Camera

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Well, due to my GDaughter and boyfriend asking if I would circulate and take my usual sneaky , non posing pictures for their up coming wedding. Kinda like Street Photography at a party. And, since my fav camera for this is my G-15 and it has scratches on the lens from the flexible shutter that closes to protect the lens when you turning it off. ( Scratched 2 G models before figuring out the culprit was my laying the things face down in my tank bag and them bouncing around a bit. pushing the cover into the lens on the harder hits ) The G15 still takes great pics but will show the scratches if a bright light hits the lens wrong.
I ordered a G16 for the wedding. Very few improvements over the G15 but wifi is one I like.
The G15 is not going away, gonna be my boat camera. Stil have my old Minolta Dimage Z6 as my truck camera. And the Gopro set up for where ever. And, the XS 50 for when I need that dude.
Anyone in here use one of the G16s yet?

Andy,

i-Hn42BSr-S.jpg

"MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Dark Brown Leather Camera Case, Bag for Canon PowerShot G16" on Amazon.com. Price: $36

This is what you want to protect that new G16

I have the exact same case for the G15, to protect it in my Giant Loop tank bag on the KTM 500 for Mexico trips for those bumps and bruises on a dirt bike

Super retro cool factor too, it'll be the talk of the table even when you're not taking photos

:photo:

:thumb:

i had one and lost it. Problem was that I need that camera to be a one handed operation (left hand for this operation and right hand for the throttle ) from the tank bag to taking a picture on the fly to getting it back to the tank bag. Sometimes in a hurry. LOL!

How about adding the lens adapter ring? They make one for my G11 I'm getting now that I've seen this post. Never had a problem before but this makes sense and I want to save my luck for other things like not doing a dirt nap on the bigger GS.

I bought a sunshade ring for my G15 several months back and cut it down a bit from the 3 or so inches in front of the camera. I think I have about 1.5 inches left on it and put it on the camera now when carrying in the tank bag. When using the view finder, you can for sure see it on there. But, since the Canon view finder on these G Series cameras do not supply any info cept showing you are zooming, it's quickly becomes a non issue. LOL , Also, pay more attention to the front of the camera.
But, just got the G16 in yesterday from the Ebay seller and it's in fantastic condition and all works well. Pretty much the same menu and lay out at my G15 and the G12 before it. Now I guess you could call me a Canon guy with 3 Canons, 1 Nikon and 1 Minolta plus the Galaxy 3 cell phone.

Back