• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recommended throttle lock for my DR?

Coat hanger.

And not the flimsy ones you use, the nice stout ones your wife uses.

To fab:
1. Cut the end off that goes around the bar. Or, use a straight section and bend it yourself. Should look like a "p". Or "b". Or "d". You get the idea....

2. Bend it to fit around your throttle. You will have to fiddle with the tension, to get it just right.

To use:
While holding throttle open, use index finger to move wire end to brake lever.

To un-use:
Twist throttle back to closed position.

Attachments

• throttle lock.jpg
    throttle lock.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 194
Coat hanger.

To fab:
1. Cut the end off that goes around the bar. Or, use a straight section and bend it yourself. Should look like a "p". Or "b". Or "d". You get the idea....

2. Bend it to fit around your throttle. You will have to fiddle with the tension, to get it just right.

To use:

To un-use:

Bend a small loop on the end over the brake lever, so it is lees likely to cause injury in a get off.

I use the Go Cruise 2 Universal Throttle Lock by 2wheelride. You can buy it at their website here: http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_throttle control2.html for $33. I bought mine in store at a local Cycle Gear in Plano, TX.

I use the aluminum one that has the adjustable "tension gear". I use it on my 2012 VStrom 650 that happens to not have handguards yet.

Since it is a throttle lock, it does not adjust for hills and such, but I find it keeps the throttle where you set it very well. It has a little thumb lever that makes it easy to pivot it out of the way even when wearing gloves. Since it works by bracing against your brake lever, rolling off the throttle causes it to slide on the included silicone ring, effectively disabling it (it leaves it pointing upward). Then, when you want to use it again, you just pivot it down with your right thumb while holding the throttle where you want it.

I only had to adjust the tension gear once when I installed it and maybe a couple of other times after rain if the handgrip gets wet.

I need to replace mine since I broke it in a minor crash on a gravel road. I plan to buy another one because it worked so well. I also have a CrampBuster (https://www.crampbuster.com/), but I like the Go Cruise 2 better. I carry both now.

Last edited:
Coat hanger.

To fab:

To use:

To un-use:

That's a KLR fix right there...:clap:

Back