• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

II Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/14/17-Castroville, Texas

Everything I see shows scattered showered. Don't see any thunderstorms. Me and Montejay will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they call me in to work, I'm still planning on this ride. I and the bike will be ready to roll Sat am.

I am planning on making it.
Sleeping in my van Friday night.

Due to the weather report I think I'll be staying home. Looked like a lot of fun.

Maybe y'all need to come over to the Houston area? Weather report over here looks much drier. Plans at work changed and I'd love to have some company to ride with!

Last edited:
Modifying my suspension on the DR650 is taking longer than I thought so I'm out! Maybe next time!!

I'm planning on being there! Looking forward to meeting you folks!!

**EDIT**

I'm trying to upload the .gpx into my BMW Navigator V - it split the trip into 27 different trips due to the number of way points. Should I just download a less detailed map? I'm new to the Garmin stuff and would love some help!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm planning on being there! Looking forward to meeting you folks!!

**EDIT**

I'm trying to upload the .gpx into my BMW Navigator V - it split the trip into 27 different trips due to the number of way points. Should I just download a less detailed map? I'm new to the Garmin stuff and would love some help!

Thanks!

DrtBik,

It will be good to meet you!

I wish I could help but I'm a novice GPSer, I have an old Garmin 76CSx so I can only use the track only version filtered down to 500 points in MapSource - File Type: gpx #2_Medina_County_250_Adventure_Motorcycle_ride_500 points.gpx (36.7 KB, 45 views)

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will reply.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for YouTube! I found this video that explained it. I couldn't get it to work because a briefcase icon wasn't highlighted... People that design programs. Sheesh!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-CYsvGvx7E"]Import an GPX file into your Garmin eTrex 20 using your Mac + BaseCamp - YouTube[/ame]

See you Saturday Morning!

Looking good for the ride :thumb:

Drtbik - I feel your pain with Garmin. I struggle with my 64st, but hope it's worked out and will test my work on Saturday. I loaded the track in Basecamp, converted it to a route, & sent to GPS. That way I will have both a "navagatable" route & a track for backup.

If anyone will be in Castroville tonight, Bill and I will be at the Taqueria San Juan about 830p, you're welcome to join us.

If it's not raining when we get up I'll see you guys in the morning.
We will be two-up on a F800GS. Looking forward to meeting some people.

God willing and the creeks don't rise I will be there in the morning. Hope I can find someone with the route that is willing to have me tag along. I'm not a speed demon but like to ride along briskly. Slow can be good too. See everyone in the morning. - Bill

God willing and the creeks don't rise I will be there in the morning. Hope I can find someone with the route that is willing to have me tag along. I'm not a speed demon but like to ride along briskly. Slow can be good too. See everyone in the morning. - Bill

Very briskly and on three wheels plus he carries emergency fuel!

Hey everyone - this is joe- aka Texas rabbit. I'm new and trying to figure everything out . Got a garmin today but will take me awhile to figure out I'm sure . No plug yet ,so pretty much probability won't know where I'm going after I get to the taco house.look forward to meeting everyone.

I should make the trip up there.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

I need to follow a group too, I do not have gps for the KLR either. I promise to keep up, or fall behind.:trust:

More whining from this quarter...

Late freight equals late word from work which equaled a delayed departure. I left the house as soon as I got word that I wasn't needed (no surprise there, lol). I was already an hour late. I didn't expect to meet the group, I just wanted some "quality time" on the 690. After 15 minutes on the road, it was raining for real (not the misty, spitty stuff it had been doing all morning), the skies were turning darker and I was chilled to the bone. Time to re-assess...

Right now, I am home, watching radar, ready to head out and catch some riders at a gas stop--Or--not. �� Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men...

And the rain comes down harder...blast it!

Nice ride, nice route, thanks for putting it together! It was nice meeting some of you today, the rain kind of piddled on the ride, but all in all, it was fun!!

A picture is worth thousand words.

31935841990_147188f2bb_h.jpg
[/url]DSC07122 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr[/IMG]

31935827780_8bbdbb9537_h.jpg
[/url]DSC07102 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr[/IMG]

31501999143_a51eccbeed_h.jpg
[/url]DSC07099 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr[/IMG]

More to come

Back