• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shaft Boot

B

brandonh90

I own a 1984 Honda NightHawk650 that is shaft driven. There is boot at the forward connection of the shaft that is in decent condition, but is not securely placed and I was wondering if it is suuposed to be? It covers all conncections, however, I can easily pull the boot back and reveal some rusty components. Should I be worried? I ordered the service manuel but it will not arrive for two weeks.

In the meantime I think it will be good idea to spray some WD-40 in the "rusty" parts, clean it and see if some grease will be necesary there.....at least the WD-40

Once you clean and lube it, it might be a good idea to take a big long zip tie and secure the end of the boot to the case to keep gunk out. This assumes there is a place where the boot overhangs the case.

Adios,

Back