• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Oilhead Rocker End Play Adjustment for Dummies

chiko

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Chipko
http://www.advrider.com/Wisdom/OREPADv1.0.pdf

OK Tourmeister and any other oilhead owners out there,
I know you just did your 24K mile service. I did mine back in the spring when it turned 20K 'cause I had just gotten it.

Do you go so far as is recommended in the instructions above when doing your valve adjustment?

It recommends that you check and adjust the free play at the end of the rocker arms. This is not in the ibmwr.org maintenance manual that I used.

All I do is adjust the valve clearances. I am not tuning for race applications so that extra 1% doesn't really matter to me. The bike runs great and gets good mpg, so I am happy. Bring the bike up and I will be happy to show you.

Adios,

Well... I guess I might have to give that a try after I get the bike back from the dealership. Right now it will be going in Tuesday for a warranty repair on a toasted final drive unit :angryfir: And a few other issues...

Adios,

Back