• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 Honda XR650R $7000

nacho_nate

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
"barn find" type of bike. Here is the story: I saw dust to glory, always wanted an xr650r to convert for dual sport, but also make it look sorta like a HRC race bike too. I waited years, found one with less than 10 hours on it, started adding parts, but now realize its just too massive for the little single track trails I typically explore. The bike has been sitting in garages its whole life, its clean, I didnt even wash it when I bought it.. I dont think its really been offroad. Previous owner bought it to use on property in the mountains but quickly realized an electric start 4x4 atv was a better choice than a baja racebike! lol All the aftermarket parts have just been installed and can be removed in order to drop the price some.. And by "new", I mean installed and zero trail rides, just a couple laps around the block on the street to make sure it all works. Stock headlight works, baja designs light needs to be wired it. Not converted for DOT legal yet... have the brake switch and rear LED brake light kit too for it. You would need to wire in a horn and then get it inspected.

Details:
2007 XR650R (last yr)
<10 hrs on bike approx!!
new DOT michelin desert race front
new Dunlop 606 rear
new Renthal twin ring
new side number plates with HRC air filter mesh cut-outs
new IMS 3 gal tank
new shroud decals
new Scotts stabilizer
new BRP top triple
new BRP fat bar mounts
new forward stabilizer tower
new Baja designs headlight
new brake pads
new motion pro throttle tube
HRC spec pilot, needle, main jets and "uncorking"
FMF slip on (also have the header, not installed yet though)
Flex bars

With proper technique, it will start with the choke and a couple kicks
and once warmed up is a 1 or 2 kick bike. Makes massive torque from idle.
Its a stellar motor and would make a great ADV bike for dirt roads (I was planning on Big Bend stuff).

$7000 with all the parts (over $2000 in parts)

Nate
Katy TX
832.253.sixx.too.zeroh.ate

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,460
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 547
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 615
  • photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 622
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 587
Hey thanks for the howdy! Hello to TWTexans!

Just remembered some other parts:
Ims oversize foot pegs
Brp chain guide
Aluminum skid plate
Silicon rad hoses

That's another $350 in new parts, ready to go 100 mph down dirt roads. :flip:

Have a good weekend

Nacho Nate

Nice bike :clap: Wish I had a stabilizer on mine . Sell me yours [emoji3]

Last edited:
Great bike, shame it has so little use. Someone buy this and try your best to wear it out (you can't!)

PS I love my old XRR!

I can install the stock oem red fuel tank, stock muffler, and remove the stabilizer and flex bars in order to drop the price to $6000

Thanks for looking.

Nate

832.253.sixx.too.zeroh.ate

Houston,TX

very nice build Nacho. someone needs to buy this bike.. it's cherry.

just more than I'd spend on a BRP

but once again very nice bike

Re: 2007 Honda XR650R $6300

Wife wants a new sofa and I just bought a used KTM 350, so I gotta sell this beast!

The FDR New Deal:

I can sell the whole enchilada for $6300 or I can pull some parts off like the FMF muffler, tank, scotts stabilizer, flexx bars, BRP pegs and drop the price down to $5300. Then I will just try and sell those parts separate.

Give me a shout if you want to work out a deal on more or less parts and the price etc. Will make an awesome middle weight ADV bike. You know you want to do dirt roads at 90+ mph!

Nate

Back