• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to TWT

Reaction score
kawakocher here. I am new to TWT. I ride a 2010 Ninja 250R. I used to ride a 2007 Ninja 250. I got t-boned by a car at 50mph so I now have the newer bike. I commute daily to work and run short errands. I have not ridden in a group but would like to learn and do it once in a while.

I used to ride a 2007 Ninja 250. I got t-boned by a car at 50mph so I now have the newer bike.

:eek2:

Do tell. You gotta be a BAD &*^%$# to walk away after being t-boned on a bike at 50mph...

vRe: New to TWT

Thanks for the welcome. I would like to meet folks from pflugerville as it would make attending a ride more practical. Thanks, Fritz.

:eek2:

Do tell. You gotta be a BAD &*^%$# to walk away after being t-boned on a bike at 50mph...

Well, if bad-*** = Blessed, yes. It happened on Wells Branch and Tudor House Rd. I am going east and a north bound car turning west just pulls out and t-bones my bike. Proof that he never saw me. It could have been much worse if I hit him instead. I slid for a while on the median and suffered no broken bones. I had all my gear on as usual. snell rated helmet, gloves with knuckle guards, jacket with CE back, shoulder and elbow protection, pants with pads, boots with guards, shin, etc.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! :wave:

Glad your accident resulted in just a busted bike!!

Well, if bad-*** = Blessed, yes. It happened on Wells Branch and Tudor House Rd. I am going east and a north bound car turning west just pulls out and t-bones my bike. Proof that he never saw me. It could have been much worse if I hit him instead. I slid for a while on the median and suffered no broken bones. I had all my gear on as usual. snell rated helmet, gloves with knuckle guards, jacket with CE back, shoulder and elbow protection, pants with pads, boots with guards, shin, etc.

Thanks for wearing your gear...and welcome to the site.

My biggest piece of advice to new riders is to invest in and wear gear...NOT just for protection...but to extend their riding career. It amazes me how many folks spend a year debating a bike, planning, saving, shopping and prepping to ride, only to have an accident 4 months later and swear they'll never ride again. They usually weren't wearing the right gear (or riding defensively).

HUGE Kudos for preparing and being able to throw a leg back over. May your riding career be long and joyful.

Back