• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is this the new Ninja 250?

Might help if we (American buyers) were a little more savvy about the casual relationship between engine displacement and bike performance. The manufacturers certainly have muddied the issue with a continual focus on displacement.

I'm willing to attribute it to lazy marketing. It's a lot easier to brag about how many cubic centimeters your engine displaces rather than attempt to have a simple "message" about of the interaction of suspension, gearing, engine configuration and horsepower to the wheel at a certain RPM.

Not even having ridden one I'm willing to bet that a Ninja 500, and probably a Ninja 250 for that matter, would beat the 750cc motor in my K-bike in 1/4 mile and top speed, even with it's higher displacement. I know that either of them could smoke the 600cc Honda VLX I started on.

We got big long roads out here....

We both loved Debbie's EX250 but it just wouldn't spool up quick enough for the kind of passes you need to make on American highways when touring. When we got behind a truck or slow convoy, she was stuck behind them.

considering the ZZR 250 comes with 17" wheels I hope they can offer an EX250 here in the states with 17s.

Here in Canada, Honda offers a CBR125 that is aimed at new riders. It would be nice if Kawasaki stepped up and offered this 250 Ninja so that there was another modern option available for new riders to choose from. I don't know anything about either the CBR or Ninja but it should be safe to say that the Ninja would be more desirable for the extra power.

My local dealership has a salesman on staff with a 1990 Honda NSR250 2-stroke and a 1990ish VFR400. The NSR is for sale and I believe so is the VFR. Great looking bikes and I'm sure great fun to ride. I just wish there was room in the garage and budget for them.

http://www.walthealy.com/index.cfm?template=04F4F23BEE3E576605755DB02480255B

that's a 1989 NSR250 MC18 the 1990 NSR was NC21 and had Gullarm swingarm...

nsr250-91.jpg

Nice bike but a bit high and not so rare..:mrgreen:

Thanks for the schooling Astro, I don't know much about those little bikes other than they are rare on this side of the border and they look like they are a lot of fun to ride.

Oh yes they are fun... I think in Canada yamaha sold TZR250 (first generation) and TDR250 also as well as FZR400

Back