• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding either Rusty's or Hidden falls 12/4...

Reaction score
There is a group of folks riding this Sunday, where depends on the weather. If we get little to no rain, it looks like Rusty's Walnut Creek. If we get too much rain for Rusty's but not enough to cancel riding all together, it looks like Hidden Falls. Right now, it's myself and four others. Join in if the skies cooperate.

I would love to tag along if you will have me? Got to get as many rides in as possible between now and mid December (when we move to Seattle!!) :clap:

Gary

Absolutely, just hope that the weather is good to us. We do need the rain but.....

How will we know which place to go. How much rain is too much. Is Rusty still needing some hay money. I missed the last ride there, I saw the post late that night. :argh:

Now for a comment on the other post. THRASHERG... WHAT! WHAT SEATTLE??? I was headed out to HF's today and was thinking I needed to call you and get the wives together to ride. You need to tell some of us. We need to get together.
I really had hope you would get that job in Austin. :uhoh: Sam

How will we know which place to go. How much rain is too much. Is Rusty still needing some hay money. I missed the last ride there, I saw the post late that night. :argh:

Now for a comment on the other post. THRASHERG... WHAT! WHAT SEATTLE??? I was headed out to HF's today and was thinking I needed to call you and get the wives together to ride. You need to tell some of us. We need to get together.
I really had hope you would get that job in Austin. :uhoh: Sam

We won't know which place to go to until we see how much rain we get and when. The website that I trust the most, and I fly rc sailplanes, says that things will take a turn for the worse Saturday night. Saturday isn't that nice either. Keeping fingers crossed and I'll keep in touch here.

For the record, I can ride either day. Should we plan on Saturday as an option if it looks like Sunday is a no go?

I could do Sat. or Sun. Sat. may be better, but I have lost all trust in weather forcasters. Just let us know. Sam

anything special needed to ride at Rusty's? Found the website but didn't see anything about price/schedule, etc..

I need to ride somewhere - couldn't go weekend before that b/c of back, couldn't go last weekend because the trails closed - starting to get the shakes!

anything special needed to ride at Rusty's? Found the website but didn't see anything about price/schedule, etc..

I need to ride somewhere - couldn't go weekend before that b/c of back, couldn't go last weekend because the trails closed - starting to get the shakes!

Just bring your helmet and $20. No set schedule. Call before you haul.

It's been raining here since 12:00 am last night. Very Soggy. I'm thinking this is going to be a rainout. I don't want to tear up anyones land. Sam

Bastrop was perfect today. I was out there for about 3 hours in the light drizzle, and everything was clicking. It only get's better out here with rain, as long as you stay out of the deep holes or float over them. This suspension works best at 30mph+ it seems.

I got home with a muddy bike, but it rinsed off in about 30 seconds!

It looks like Rusty's got a lot less rain than anywhere in Austin so it might be prime riding there tomorrow. It's a tough call and too late to make arrangements for everyone to meet. I dozed off after dinner.:yawn: I say let's hope that we got all of our rain for the weekend and try for Sunday, as originally planned, or regroup for next weekend.

If you do go to Rusty's, remember that he doesn't want people riding when it's too muddy so please find him and ask before you ride. Calling before you haul...even better.

512-304-5880

What time do most of you plan on arriving? Just so I know when I have to get up and drive to Rusty's!! Never been there before.

Gary

What the heck. I'll give it(edit:Saturday) a try if there will be at least one riding partner although I like to bring a larger group for Rusty's sake. If the weather looks good in the morning and there is at least one other confirmed, I'll be there around 10. The gate that we are supposed to use is on 20, between a quarter and a half a mile south of the road that his arena is on, Pleasant Chapel Rd or CR 231. It's the first gate north of the creek bridge on the west side of the road and opens into a large pecan bottom.

If the weather looks good for Sunday I may pull a double but I wouldn't bet on it.

What time do most of you plan on arriving? Just so I know when I have to get up and drive to Rusty's!! Never been there before.

Gary

Ummmmm...I just realized that you could have been talking about Saturday or Sunday. I assumed that you meant Saturday. That's what my previous post is in reference to.:oops: I'll just check here in the morning before I pack up.

Ummmmm...I just realized that you could have been talking about Saturday or Sunday. I assumed that you meant Saturday. That's what my previous post is in reference to.:oops: I'll just check here in the morning before I pack up.

Sorry edf, your previous post said you were going to shoot for Sunday, so I meant what time are you arriving Sunday? I cannot make Saturday (Honey dues).. Have fun if you go Saturday, but post on here if you are going Sunday as I would like to ride with you if the weather cooperates..

Gary

Sorry edf, your previous post said you were going to shoot for Sunday, so I meant what time are you arriving Sunday? I cannot make Saturday (Honey dues).. Have fun if you go Saturday, but post on here if you are going Sunday as I would like to ride with you if the weather cooperates..

Gary

I haven't heard anything on Texas Offroad Network or here so I'm making other plans for today. Hopefully we can make something happen tomorrow.

Back