• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The VFD Fundraiser Ride To Eat Thread

Reaction score
Howdy folks, for the last few yrs I've posted an invite to my local Volunteer Fire Department's Feast and Fundraiser and I've had great TWT attendance so a few of us got to talking about starting a thread devoted to VFD RTE's. About 70% of firefighters in the U.S. are volunteers and most small town volunteer fire departments rely on community events such as an annual fundraiser for support. So please post up if you know of a fundraiser in your area and let's Ride To Eat! :rider:

I'll start, the Winchester VFD Fish Fry and Fundraiser is Saturday July 28 out here in :sun:Sunny Fayette County:sun:. Winchester is located between Houston and Austin on 153 north of 71 in the La Grange/Smithville area. Sorry for the short notice.:doh:

More info..

The Winchester Area Volunteer Fire Department Fish Fry will be on Saturday afternoon at St. Michael’s Park. The Dujka Brothers (Texas Polka) will be playing from 3 -6 PM, silent auction from 4-6 pm, washer tournament registration at 1pm and starts at 2 pm, live auction starts at 6:30 and fish fry is from 5 to 7:30.

Thank you all and please support your local VFD :patriot: ,

Rman

We all remember the fires from last year and despite the losses in lives and property, the state is considering reducing funding for volunteer fire departments. Beside fire response they also provide support for traffic accidents and other emergency services. Please help support these organizations where ever you ride.

They're going to be selling great cake, so bring a big top box. You're going to want to take one home.

What a great turnout in little Winchester. Great fish, beans and tater salad. I saw the 4 bikes parked in the grass but I never could find you guys. Figured you stayed in the beer line.

Had every intention of making this one. got tied up with bike main issues for the Colorado trip.The heat didn't help much either.

Sorry you couldn't make it thumper, woulda been great to see you again and buy you some catfish for a change!!:clap: :lol2:

Thanks for coming out Old Blue, we were looking for other riders but I guess we just missed you. PM sent.

MotoTex, MotorcycleBelle, and the Meridens...

CIMG1380Copy.jpg

Mmmmm! :eat3: Sure hope this thread takes off because the food at these events is always outstanding (it has to be or nobody would come:lol2:) and generally located off the beaten path making them ideal ride destinations. :rider:

CIMG1381Copy.jpg

MCBelle, The Lady Meriden..

CIMG1382Copy.jpg

M, Mototex and me.:wave:

CIMG1383Copy.jpg

Hope to see ya at the next one!

R

To get the ball rolling,

Here's a few Fund Raisers I found in a quick search:

Bellville - August 17th 2012 at Austin County Fairgrounds, meal at 5:00, auction at 7:00

Parker - September 22nd at the Southfork Ranch 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.

Bourne - first Saturday in May, Catfish dinner 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Moran - August 4, 2012, Spaghetti and meat sauce, 4:00 - 7:00 p.m.

Schroeder - November 4, 2012, BBQ, 11:00 a.m.

Marble Falls - August 9th, 2012, Pizza Hut, redeem coupon from mfavfd.org for 20% donation 11:00 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Fayetteville - Was in May, look for it in 2013.

Giddings - July 4, BBQ, annual

Windcrest - May, BBQ, annual

Harbin - August 4, 2012, BBQ, 11:00 a.m.

Once again the VFD Feast and Fundraiser season is upon us.
If you're out and about between Houston and Austin/San Antonio on Saturday April 13 and looking for a lunch destination, look no further than Shiner, TX for the 4th Annual Shiner VFD BBQ Cookoff & Auto Show! :trust:

http://www.shinervfd.org/

Shiner is located on 90 in Lavaca County between Gonzales and Hallettsville. It's the home of the Spoetzl Brewery (Shiner Beer) and is also part of the Painted Churches of Texas tour.

http://www.klru.org/paintedchurches/

Again, please consider these VFD fundraisers as lunch destinations while out riding the back roads of Texas. The food is always excellent and most use the 'free will donation' method (meaning donate what you can, 5c or $500, everyone's welcome :thumb:). Please post up any VFD events in your area as well.

Thanks and please support your local Volunteer Fire Department :patriot:,

Rman237 :flip:

EXCUSE TO RIDE:rider:

Boonsville-Balsora VFD will be hosting their annual fundraiser and open house Saturday May 11, 2013. We will serve some pretty tasty brisket and sausage and beans and maybe even some PIE :lol2:for desert on a donation basis @ noon in the Boonsville Community Center. The VFD is one of several activities that eat into my riding time! I am the only charter member still active after almost 45 years of service in the southwest Wise county area.
Lots of nice county roads heading several directions with very little traffic.

Warning: Some of the locals may be confused by "Power Ranger" outfits
However you should expect no reaction beyond a curious stare.

Boonsville is between Bridgeport and Weatherford on FM920 3.5 miles north of Hwy 199

EXCUSE TO RIDE:rider:

Boonsville-Balsora VFD will be hosting their annual fundraiser and open house Saturday May 11, 2013. We will serve some pretty tasty brisket and sausage and beans and maybe even some PIE :lol2:for desert on a donation basis @ noon in the Boonsville Community Center. The VFD is one of several activities that eat into my riding time! I am the only charter member still active after almost 45 years of service in the southwest Wise county area.
Lots of nice county roads heading several directions with very little traffic.

Warning: Some of the locals may be confused by "Power Ranger" outfits
However you should expect no reaction beyond a curious stare.

Boonsville is between Bridgeport and Weatherford on FM920 3.5 miles north of Hwy 199
Thanks for posting up, V-lust. :thumb: Hope y'all have a good turnout!

Here's a couple more in my area......

20130409_091117_thum_zps2440efb2.jpg

Round Top-Warrenton Volunteer Fire Department Feast & Fundraiser
May 18

Beef and Pork Bar-B-Que Dine In/Plates To Go/Meat To Go. Servings Begins at 4:00 p.m. Desserts Available
Auction 6:00 p.m. Raffle Presence Not Necessary to Win
Country Store - Sponsored by Round Top Sons of Herman Lodge #151
Grab Bags & Moon Walk For The Kids 100 Club

Come Out For An Enjoyable Time and Support Your Local Volunteer Fire Department. Department funding is derived from donations. Proceeds go toward the purchase of equipment, maintenance of equipment, insurance premiums, operations and personnel training.

Round Top Rifle Association Hall
710 State Hwy 1457, Round Top

Round Top is located in :sun: Sunny Fayette County :sun: on HWY237 between US290 and La Grange.

And another...

486706_510051909055737_1316780473_n_zps25706f86.jpg

Shelby is located on HWY1457 between Round Top and Industry (off of HWY 159).

Last edited:
Briskets are cooking and just carried a huge pan of beans to the fire hall. Pie is a very real possibility for desert!:clap: What are the "Blue Hangar Breakfast Bunch" doing for lunch?:eat:

Heck, I was through Round Top and Shelby last weekend.

The gas station at Round Top was closed for Mother's Day, so I took the scenic route to Fayetteville, where the first station I came too had closed at 1:00 for Mother's Day.

Fortunately, the other station was open. As was Orsaks.

Sounds like good eatin' in the neighborhood for the next couple of weekends. I'm planning to take advantage of it. :rider::eat:

Here's a couple more in my area......

20130409_091117_thum_zps2440efb2.jpg

Round Top-Warrenton Volunteer Fire Department Feast & Fundraiser
May 18

Beef and Pork Bar-B-Que Dine In/Plates To Go/Meat To Go. Servings Begins at 4:00 p.m. Desserts Available
Auction 6:00 p.m. Raffle Presence Not Necessary to Win
Country Store - Sponsored by Round Top Sons of Herman Lodge #151
Grab Bags & Moon Walk For The Kids 100 Club

Come Out For An Enjoyable Time and Support Your Local Volunteer Fire Department. Department funding is derived from donations. Proceeds go toward the purchase of equipment, maintenance of equipment, insurance premiums, operations and personnel training.

Round Top Rifle Association Hall
710 State Hwy 1457, Round Top

Round Top is located in :sun: Sunny Fayette County :sun: on HWY237 between US290 and La Grange.

And another...

486706_510051909055737_1316780473_n_zps25706f86.jpg

Shelby is located on HWY1457 between Round Top and Industry (off of HWY 159).

Sounds like a great time :eat: I hope they are not letting you BBQ though :rofl:

Have a friend in town camping with his family. We'll be spending the day with them and this may delay or postpone my Round Top plans. We'll see how it plays out tomorrow.

Back