• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hoping to head out WEST soon!

Reaction score
On my next trip that I hope to embark on soon, I’m going to try something different. I’m going to utilize social media more as I progress through a pathless motorcycle journey. Taking tips and suggestions along the way, posting images, writing, digital downloads, etc. Some will be for sale and some will be free.

The last time I made it possible to give my PayPal donations and was surprised how many donated. This time I’m going to try and package inexpensive content as digital downloads, short magazines journals, etc. I have no idea if this is going to work out, but I think it’ll be best to keep in all in one place and link back to it as announcements when there’s new content.

I was going to use a more robust site platform for this, but I found the Weebly.com offerings did everything I needed it to do and VERY easily. The only problem is that their content management system relies on Flash so I won’t be able to update via my iPhone. It will have to be via my laptop every time, but I can do some tidbits along the way via iPhone and the bulk when I get wifi connections.

I’ll be posting some updates here as well, but most will be contained in the new site.

I’m going to add more stuff and tweak what I have so far, but feel free to have a look around and tell me what you think! And if you like what you see, subscribe to my blog feed on the front page or email subscribe on the http://skiphuntgowest.weebly.com/trip-blog.html.

Skip Hunt Go West Blog/Site :rider:

Thanks! I'm surprised how many have voted so far for "every day".

BTW: it doesn't get tedious for me... I'm only trying to do an anonymous poll to make sure I'm not turning into one of those travel bloggers who never shuts up about what a grand time they're having. That's why I try to include a little every now and then... about when it's not going so great. ;-)

Skip, will you be posting to a blog on your site? It gives visitors an idea of the status of your trip and where you are (that is, if you want people to know ;) ).

I started one for mine already, too, but not leaving until first of Sept. I started posting to the blog ('On the Road' blog under 'Home' tab).

Back