• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

::: Viethorse visited GA and ride on Smoky Mountain

I reached to this point:
DSC04596.jpg

There was a very nice curve, and I tried to put the bike on the road shoulder for photograph. More than a group of Harley passed by that time. They all slowed down and asked me if I need help. They may think of I was dropping my bike there. :)

DSC04589.jpg

It's really nice corner:

DSC04593.jpg

DSC04597.jpg

DSC04594.jpg

Doh, just found a little sign of South Carolina where I "physically" passed thru:

DSC04601.jpg

DSC04602.jpg

The new tire really helps:

DSC04604.jpg

Came down for a while after crossing the South Carolina state border, then I pulled back for a rest before heading to Georgia.

DSC04608.jpg

Well, here is where I took a rest:

DSC04605.jpg

I would take the Warwoman road to Clayton. It's nice motorcycle road, not so wide, but just nice and a lot of twisties:

DSC04614.jpg

I took the Warwoman road from Pine Mountain to Clayton:
DSC04616.jpg

DSC04617.jpg

Checked in a hotel which I have booked in Clayton. The lady at the front desk was really nice and helpful, but her accent seemed strange to me. Faster, stronger voice than what I heard in Texas. She let me parked the bike under the shade, and give me a room which windowing the bike. Nice and big Hotel room with heater and nice bath tub.
Don't remember exactly price, but I think it was $50 or less. Breakfast included.

Took the bike going around Clayton, it's too small place, and have nothing to see... Had a dinner at a restaurant nearby Hotel.

Well, that's it for the day 6:

Day6.jpg

I have one more day left for traveling back to Atlanta.

Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures. :thumb:

Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures. :thumb:

Thank you Sir.

-------------------------

Day 7 with VFR

Woke up after a very good night at Clayton. Thanks to the hot water bath tub and the very good heater in the room. The hotel breakfast was ok as well.

It was raining since midnight:

DSC04624.jpg

And the morning was so chilly, ~53deg:

DSC04623-1.jpg

It was a bit raining when I prepared for departure. The rain suit and the place for camera were ready to go.
Here is the tracklog for the day 7:

Day7.jpg

It kept changing from rain to heavy foggy and so all the way from the hotel up to some next hours.... The speed was so low. I was also very concentrate to the road as I know it was my last riding day, and I did not want to make a single mistake, even a very small one.

This 's where I stopped to take out the rain suit and stored my camera.

DSC04625.jpg

Kept riding for a while, then stopped for fuel, the sky looked brighter:

DSC04627.jpg

And it soon became like this:
DSC04628.jpg

It was the same as the day I was going to Blue Ridge Parkway with Ed and Sy, but this seemed heavier foggy:

DSC04629.jpg

DSC04631.jpg

Weather was not so good for riding, but I did not want to cut short my route. I still stick to the plan that hanging around with the road 60 and US76.

I made another stop on the way, at a very nice corner:

DSC04641.jpg

DSC04642.jpg

DSC04638.jpg

I passed the corner and come back to take photos. A very impressive turn.

CornerPanorama2.jpg

DSC04635.jpg

Leaves almost gone:
DSC04634.jpg

I forgot why I came down here...
ph34r.png

DSC04632.jpg

I passed Blood Mountain again, alone. Rain kept dropping, the road was very wet. It was not fun at all on Blood Mountain that day.
It's better and better when coming nearer to Sy's place.

Arrived Sy's work place around noon time and it was hot there:
DSC04650.jpg

Here's how the VFR come back to its owner:
DSC04652.jpg

Sy took his car and come back with me to his house. Ed was already there to wait for me. A happy reunion:

DSC04655.jpg

Met Ed and Sy, I have nothing much to say more than my thankful to them. It was amazing time in my life, and it was really created by them.

Riding tracklog of my 7th day with VFR:
Day7.jpg

And here is the summary of my riding trip to Great Smoky Mountain:

Tripmillage1-1.jpg

Ed and I back to Atlanta. Sy back to his work.
We met a gain in a farewell dinner, and Mike came to join us again - It's really great to see him so happy :

DSC04659.jpg

Someone got drunk so getting this photo out of focus
tongue.png
:
DSC04661.jpg

Slept very well for the last night in Georgia. Woke up very early and bother Uncle Ed again to drive me to the airport.
We was talking about coming back for another ride... and many others...

He took a photo of me before heading back to his house.
On the plane, I was recalling all of my memory about the trip. It looked like a movie, with lots of beautiful scenes, moments and all the awesome friends.
Talked to myself that I have to come back again.

DSC04664.jpg

Arrived Houston when the sun was raising:
DSC04670.jpg

I got another rental car for another day, drove to my friend's house:
DSC04675.jpg

Took a photo with him before we all going for another farewell dinner in a Mongolian restaurant:

DSC04685.jpg

DSC04695.jpg

Drove to the Airport in the next morning, transited in Chicago and then Narita (Tokyo) again.
DSC04701.jpg

I arrived my home sweet home with lots of great memories about TWT guys, about VFRD buddies; all the great and awesome guys who really make my trip.
I don't really know how to say, just thank you All, my Friends. Wish you All happy and ride safe, always!

Awesome report! :clap:

Sure makes me want to head back to NC this year!!

Awesome report! :clap:

Sure makes me want to head back to NC this year!!

Thanks Scott and others.
But riding with you guys makes me to dig a **** big hole in my pocket to buy a R1200GS :trust:
Hopefully by March I can have first ride of MY GS in Vietnam... Can't wait.... :rider: :eat: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Scott and others.
But riding with you guys makes me to dig a **** big hole in my pocket to buy a R1200GS :trust:
Hopefully by March I can have first ride of MY GS in Vietnam... Can't wait.... :rider: :eat: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We expect pictures! :-P

Then I myself headed to the Dragon. It was almost no traffic on the Dragon. This time, I done the Dragon for two times without any issue.
I put TWT and my team's logo (ACE MTSG) here:

DSC04072.jpg

DSC04073.jpg

Thank you very much to Tex76, a Texan GS friend, for the photo.
TWT and ACE MTSG stickers are still there after almost 2 years
icon10.gif

ACEonDealsGap_zpsfcabfb21.jpg

One of these days somewhere in the world I hope to ride with you even for a little while. While we don't know each other, your ability to not only tell a great story but to take us along on your journey through fantastic photographs, makes me envy not only the riding you do, but the people you get to interact with. I can't wait until your next trip and truly hope one day our paths cross. Ride safe.

One of these days somewhere in the world I hope to ride with you even for a little while. While we don't know each other, your ability to not only tell a great story but to take us along on your journey through fantastic photographs, makes me envy not only the riding you do, but the people you get to interact with. I can't wait until your next trip and truly hope one day our paths cross. Ride safe.

Thank you very much for your nice words.
I really hope to be back riding in the US.
Btw, my riding is not as good as you think. Tourmeister and others know about that.

Hi Trung, I've followed your post on TWT. Now I'm currently in Vietnam riding a small motorcycle from North to South. Any advice on things to do, places to visit, people to meet would be appreciated. - Troy

Troy and Trung, you have to meet!
I will add to JRW69's comment above, these two true adventure riders produce some fantastic ride reports!

Last edited:
Back