• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ryan' s adventure at Davy Crockett Nation Forest

Reaction score
Davy Crockett National Forest

Got a late start Thursday had to rewire the trailer, the wiring had dry-rotted and being less then 6 months I was not happy.
iPhone002_zpsb69ca2c1.jpg

Arrived at Ratcliff Lake Recreation Area around 10:30pm unloaded and setup camp then off to bed.
iPhone010_zps00583363.jpg

Next morning Brian cooked breakfast, eggs, sausage, tortilla, and salsa.
Then set off riding the forest roads. Headed up to a bridge over the Neches River in the Big Slough Wilderness. While on the way there the road became a little slick, apparently it had rained the day before, not driving though any rain on the way down or raining on us that night we did not know. (Had rained pretty hard we found out when we got back to camp for lunch.) Made it to the bridge after a few miles of mud slick roads.
DSCF4588_zpsc683ea4e.jpg

DSCF4593_zpsbfcdae80.jpg

Then off to ride some more. We must of picked the best roads in the forest the roads got worse (Better).
DSCF4609_zps35ce6578.jpg

Mud, Water, Mud, Water, Mud..... on it went.
DSCF4608_zpsbb28e622.jpg

DSCF4604_zps4b9a56c2.jpg

DSCF4599_zps270cd951.jpg

DSCF4602_zps0dbcf858.jpg

Finely found a dryer road and headed back to camp for lunch.
Two hours for 15 miles and 4 miles of it was paved.

Fired up the grill for hotdogs.

After lunch we head south for more riding this time, the roads were drier. Got back to camp and start dinner.
iPhone005_zps3396ec25.jpg

iPhone007_zpsc8595505.jpg

iPhone008_zps8ec9b35c.jpg

Then head up to Crockett for Ice Cream and to watch the Fireworks Show there.

Next morning Brian cooked breakfast again same thing as the morning before except for some of the leftover form dinner added.

Off to ride the forest roads again this time we headed south to Alabama Creek Wildlife Management Area.
iPhone013_zpsfa4a360b.jpg

On the way back to camp I spotted some thing in the road not sure what is was. Then it flew up in the air about a foot, then it did it again, I was getting close enough after seeing it go up and down in the rode a few more times to see that is was a frog.
So I though why does a frog cross the road?
Just as I got to the frog in the road I saw why the frog was crossing the rode, there was a big snake chasing it down. I slowed to stop, watch and take some pictures. As I slowed to stop I hear behind me the sound of something siding on the gravel. It was my son he low-sided his bike stopping, I thought he had either tried to avoid/hit the frog or the snake and went down, but he never saw either, he just low-sided stopping. I ran back to see if he was OK his foot was penned under the bike, but he was fine. Just a skint knee and a broke mirror. By the time we looked for the frog and the snake they were long gone, so no pictures. Ryan or Brian did not see the frog or the snake so they don't believe they ever existed. But I know why that frog was crossing the road. Whether he was the snake's lunch or not I will never know. We made it back to camp with no more problems for lunch. After lunch Brian and I set out to ride some more.
Ryan stayed at camp nursing his skint knee.
DSCF4619_zps612d2c9a.jpg

We were able to pickup the pace a bit and had a good time run the forest roads.
Back to camp for Dinner.
iPhone017_zps60eed08b.jpg

iPhone019_zps319f9768.jpg

Packed up Sunday morning and headed for home.

Thank You Brian for taking the Pictures, I see there were none of you.
more Pix http://s115.photobucket.com/user/JeffC_TEX/library/Davy Crockett?sort=6&page=1

Who? Was riding that mysterious motorcycle,oh the photographer. The man behind the scene. It was a Good Time, Riding, camping and good food, with Jeff and Son.
Ride on....:rider:
Brian

Who? Was riding that mysterious motorcycle,oh the photographer. The man behind the scene. It was a Good Time, Riding, camping and good food, with Jeff and Son.
Ride on....:rider:
Brian

Looks like you guys had a blast.

Did you get a new big bike yet?

Looks like you guys had a blast.

Did you get a new big bike yet?

Not yet, but it would be nice. It has not cross my mind lately, GS in the shop, just to much fun in the over long week end even think about it. SMALL BIKE MUCH MORE FUN IN THE MUD! YES SIR

Wish I could have made it, looks like you guys had a pretty good time. Well maybe next time.

Back