• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Clutch bleed on VFR800 (02)

Kilroy

Reaction score
I managed to get the god-awful linked brakes bled and they're all good now.

What I cannot do, is get the friggin' clutch bled. Anything I'm missing other than:

1: fill reservoir
2: Pump up on clutch lever to build pressure
3: Pump up on vacuum pump attached to bleed screw down near the shifter.
4: Crack open the bleed screw
5: ??? profit?

I either can't get any pressure built in the lever, or it just keeps coming out with bubbles. Any thoughts, or people in North Austin that I can buy a case of beer for?

Not too long ago I rebuild the clutch slave cylinder on my '86 Honda Nighthawk.
I had a hard time filling the system and getting pressure on it. What did it in the end was back bleeding it,. I hooked up the syringe with a short hose and filled the slave cylinder up through the bleeder screw and all of a sudden there was pressure.

Interesting. I got it to where it's got pressure and the clutch is functional, but it was still shooting bubbles out the back. Managed to take the bike around the block and it shifted up and down without issues. It did seem to be all-or-nothing on the clutch though. Hard to feather. I'm guessing I screwed up somewhere?

OK, y'all convinced me to grab a speedbleeder, and that was stupid easy. Thanks everyone!

Back