• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Amazing deal on Klim Badlands Pro

Goyko

Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this topic, so mods don't be angry.
I just stumbled into an amazing deal today and I just wanted to spread the news, so anybody here could take advantage of it.
I was at the KTM dealer today. Arlington to be precise. And they have the Klim Badlands Pro jacket in High Vis. They have one Medium size left. (I picked the Large one) and they have Badlands Pro pants. in 36.
They can not advertise the price but I got an amazong deal on the jacket. 560$!
It's KTM of north Texas, straight line motorsports.
2260 W Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington, TX 76013

I didn't know where to put this topic, so mods don't be angry.
I just stumbled into an amazing deal today and I just wanted to spread the news, so anybody here could take advantage of it.
I was at the KTM dealer today. Arlington to be precise. And they have the Klim Badlands Pro jacket in High Vis. They have one Medium size left. (I picked the Large one) and they have Badlands Pro pants. in 36.
They can not advertise the price but I got an amazong deal on the jacket. 560$!
It's KTM of north Texas, straight line motorsports.
2260 W Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington, TX 76013

Small and 3xl
http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Produ...0k&click=989&gclid=CMj2s52vxNACFUU2gQodyzgIuw
$569.

Last edited:
Great riding gear, built with quality and appears to be a lifetime garment,. I drink a glass of milk and walk backwards as I cant afford the stuff.

I bought into the Klim hype ... $160 worth of hype purchased in July.

Klim_01.jpg

Was looking for breathable gloves that had gel padding in the palms.
I've spent $160 on a laundry list of gloves, so it seemed justifiable.
Will be the last pair of gloves I have to buy.

My experience? Not impressed ...

Believe me, I totally get the sticker shock that comes standard with Klim gear. When I bought my Badlands gear four years ago, I was able to use a bunch of my Rocky Mountain MC Race gas and frequent flyer miles to take the sting out of the purchase price. The gear is top notch and the water proof claims are legit.

After a 30 mph soil sampling experience in Utah recently, I can vouch for it's protective qualities as well. I could actually feel my gear doing it's job as I tumbled down the road.

Yeah, a $1000 plus for a riding suit sounds high. But compare that with the cost of a trip to the emergency room, or physical therapy, or worse case, the possible need for surgery, that are always the potential from every ride (speaking from experience on all of these), it's relatively reasonable...

DSC03975.JPG

Last edited:
I've always liked Klim gear but never had the budget for it. But I thought their advantage was in waterproof, longer lasting and greater fit comfort not superior protection. Does this Badlands pro jacket really have better armor and protection than your typical 3/4 Adventure jacket with full CE armor?

_

I've always liked Klim gear but never had the budget for it. But I thought their advantage was in waterproof, longer lasting and greater fit comfort not superior protection. Does this Badlands pro jacket really have better armor and protection than your typical 3/4 Adventure jacket with full CE armor?

_

I don't know that it's better than any other quality jacket with the same armor. It is a very heavy, well made jacket that does a good job of keeping the armor in place during a fall. I've had some jackets that allow the armor to move out of the way after the initial impact.

I don't know that it's better than any other quality jacket with the same armor. It is a very heavy, well made jacket that does a good job of keeping the armor in place during a fall. I've had some jackets that allow the armor to move out of the way after the initial impact.

Good point. Also brings to light proper jacket sizing. Although loosey goosey might be more comfortable to wear, in a fall it will not protect you as well as a properly fitted jacket.

_

I tried on and like the gear but would think riding around Texas in the summer would be a total sweat box.

I bought into the Klim hype ... $160 worth of hype purchased in July.

Klim_01.jpg

Was looking for breathable gloves that had gel padding in the palms.
I've spent $160 on a laundry list of gloves, so it seemed justifiable.
Will be the last pair of gloves I have to buy.

My experience? Not impressed ...

Send it back to them, and they will make it right.

I have a pair of their off road pants and two years later a seam in one of the knees started to come undone. I contacted them and without question they said that it was not supposed to do that. They sent me a shipping label, repaired them as well as strengthening the other knee so I wouldn't have problems with it, and sent them back to me in less than 2 weeks total with a box of energy bar goodies and a hand written letter saying they were sorry for my experience.

Every company has problems with some of their stuff. The difference is how do they respond, and in my case Klim has earned a customer for life.

My Latitude jacket is now going on 3 years old and I still have people come up to me and ask if it is a new jacket because it honestly still looks like brand new. I've had other jackets that in 3 years the blacks have all faded to purple, zippers have started to act up, and velcro has started to give up on me.

For me, I really did get what I paid for.

Bill,

I did contact them via the Klim.com website. <crickets>

I'll send another e-mail and follow-up with a phone call next week.

I initiated my request via phone call, so maybe that had something to do with my better customer service but who knows.

I'd love to hear back once you get in touch with them to see what they say. They will ask for some full length photos of the gloves so it might not hurt to have those handy.

Sometimes words hurt

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Believe me, I totally get the sticker shock that comes standard with Klim gear. When I bought my Badlands gear four years ago, I was able to use a bunch of my Rocky Mountain MC Race gas and frequent flyer miles to take the sting out of the purchase price. The gear is top notch and the water proof claims are legit.

After a 30 mph soil sampling experience in Utah recently, I can vouch for it's protective qualities as well. I could actually feel my gear doing it's job as I tumbled down the road.

Yeah, a $1000 plus for a riding suit sounds high. But compare that with the cost of a trip to the emergency room, or physical therapy, or worse case, the possible need for surgery, that are always the potential from every ride (speaking from experience on all of these), it's relatively reasonable...

DSC03975.JPG

:tab My experience as well after that Superman imitation of mine on my KTM 530 when I hit that ice... :flip: :doh: The jacket is heavy to HOLD, but not to wear. The kidney belt works very well at making the jacket feel very light when you actually have it on. Before buying the pants/jacket, I spent a lot of time looking at other gear, cheaper AND more expensive. I HATE having to stop and mess with rain liners or over suits. For the features and protection, I just kept winding up back at the Bandlands Pro. It is not perfect and there are a few minor things I would change, but overall I am very happy with the gear.

I tried on and like the gear but would think riding around Texas in the summer would be a total sweat box.

:tab In the Texas summer, there is nothing that will keep you from sweating. That said, Rsquared and I did a shakedown ride in the KLIM gear before a trip to Montana and it was 100+ temps in August. It also rained on us pretty hard for a while. At no time was I uncomfortably hot. The rain proofing worked extremely well. I have mesh riding gear as well. But when it starts getting into the mid 90's and up, I will wear the Badlands Pro jacket every time. I find it is actually cooler and more comfortable. I would wear the pants as well for the same reason, it is just that my mesh pants can be put on and removed without having to remove my boots and the Bandland pants cannot. If they would remedy that aspect of the pants, I would wear them all the time.

Yeah I know. But those are usually the only two sizes you can find online. M and L are really hard to find. Especially hi-vis.
For the others who are making fun of it. You obviously never owned high end brand like Klim, or Rukka, so nothing else need to be sad there.

This. I caught a lot of flak when I bought a full Badlands Pro set. Then one of the naysayers bought Klim gear and promptly shut up. :rofl:

They're pricey, but nothing competes. Let's put it this way--the Badlands Pro is the first jacket I've worn year-round in Texas, including in the 100+ summers. And it's really guaranteed waterproof, unlike so much "waterproof" gear you can buy.

Ok - so I was just researching getting a Klim to replace my old jacket. Since this thread is right on target of what I was thinking, here are my questions?

1. Badlands or Rally?
2. I was looking at the Rally and should I do the 2014 for $900 or is the 2017 one for $1600 worth it?

Yes, I know it is expensive, and I can get cheaper jackets (I have one), but despite the cost discussions my condition after a spill is worth a few hundred extra dollars.

Ok - so I was just researching getting a Klim to replace my old jacket. Since this thread is right on target of what I was thinking, here are my questions?

1. Badlands or Rally?
2. I was looking at the Rally and should I do the 2014 for $900 or is the 2017 one for $1600 worth it?

Man, some of you guys are really loaded!

Ahhh. Southlake :-)

Truth be told, I've never actually looked at the Rally as it was just out of my price range. Hopefully someone has more experience with them on here.

:tab I went with the Badland Pro instead of the Rallye. To me, the only real differences were that you can remove the sleeves of the Rallye and wear it like a vest and I think it came with a water bladder in the back. I think the armor is the same. I have no need for removable sleeves and I don't want the water bladder built into my jacket. Both are Gor-Tex. So I really couldn't see a reason to pay way more for so little extra :shrug: I love the Badland Pro jacket. I just wish mine had the snaps for holding the collar open instead of the Velro. The newer models have snaps now.

Awesome to hear the answer. I was leaning towards Badlands Pro. I can't see needing the built in water bladder either as I have one already. Removing the sleeves for a vest could be useful, but I guess I could just have another vest for less money anyway.

Back