• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

XR400r Just became a project without even asking! How rude! lol

How did it go from this

To the carb is worn out (which it may be) after a top end rebuild?

Of note... When the fuel screw needle tip gets broken off in the carb body.. Even if the broken part is removed, the tapered orifice in the body is normally damaged, and no longer usable, and not repairable at a reasonable cost..

If it is the carb .. and your looking for a replacement... keep in mind, used Ebay carbs are in the same general condition yours is,, or worse, perhaps better...:giveup:

Like that linked Ebay carb "“This carburetor assembly is in good condition and was removed from running bike.”" Really?? How was it in good condition, on a running bike and fully functional.. when there is no fuel bowl on the carb?

To be honest , I don't know how.
All the things going bad are performance aftermarket parts and at one point in time used for racing or racing like scenarios and when they(anything really) sit, they break.

On a upside, I used my friends wholesale status and bought a carb this morning.

I do know, that when I am through I will have a very nice, long lasting bike.
:trust:

The bike had compression when I got it.
It just didn't want to keep it. :lol2:

I really want to point out that, I am not mad at anyone about this purchase.
I am sure that there is only a couple people around that could of seen this coming without taking the whole thing apart.

On a side note.
The Rm400 is getting a lot of attention in this down time and is getting a nice makeover.
I will add a thread soon.

Got the carb on and tuned-ish
Running lean but I will get to that after..............................
The cuss word clutch is slipping.
I was looking into it and when you go up to 440 and the pumper carb, the clutch will really go when it is close to being out of service limits.

Got the carb on and tuned-ish
Running lean but I will get to that after..............................
The cuss word clutch is slipping.
I was looking into it and when you go up to 440 and the pumper carb, the clutch will really go when it is close to being out of service limits.

Wow the 440 must be pumping out the power as the clutch felt strong on that bike and never hinted at slipping. Bike will be a beast when you get it done. I wondered a bit about that carb but had just chalked it up to not spending any time adjusting it as it would not always idle back down but it seemed to be more in the cables and throttle housing to me.

Back