• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dead Buell....

scratch said:
"Rushed to ICU" - after how many weeks now? Sounds more like it was kicked to the curb! :rofl:

Now that's not true :shame:.
I rushed her to Harley Memorial Hospital immediately, then they sent her home where she's been on life support waiting for the Doctor to do a housecall. Doctor's here and will be seeing her in the morning.
It's not fair to ignore the new baby in the house just because someone else is sick.
That just wouldn't be right! :shrug: I'm just being a good mommy :angel:.
(really, it's much kinder that I waited, would not be a pretty picture if I did it all by myself)...

sunnyblu said:
...(really, it's much kinder that I waited, would not be a pretty picture if I did it all by myself)...
Hey, I've re-strung my own venetian blinds, so how hard can open-heart surgery be? Should be a piece 'o cake! :lol2:

Just razzin' ya a little, sunny. ;-)

Isn't it funny how sometimes we just HAVE to climb that mountain? Human nature I suppose. I just can't see paying $300 for something that we could do in 1-2 hours, and I would really like to see the Blast from the inside out :mrgreen:. Looking at the service manual it is going to be verrrry enteressssting. To get to the motor, the entire from 1/2 of the frame lifts off. I'll definitely be taking pictures of the process.
Until then, I'm off to ride my new bike to work :drool: :rider: :wave:.
(Did I mention how much I Luhuhuv my SV?)

That's fantastic news Sunny! Can't wait to see the new bike. Have you posted pics anywhere yet? Congrats!

Where is the meet & greet/time?

Marcos, I did a post on Introductions with pics of my SV's little adventure to get down here (wasn't sure where to put the post). Come to think of it, I don't have any pics of me on any of my bikes, need to do that before the Blast is gone. But I have 2 girlfriends who want to ride and they'd reallllly like me to keep the blast, lol. I think they should buy it, don't you?

See this post:

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10035

Also:

every Thursday evening at 7:30, rain or shine.

Address below:

Shoemaker & Hardt in Plano (coffee shop)
coffee.gif

(Between Custer and Independence)
2709 W. 15th Street Suite B
Plano, TX 75075
972-769-8888
N33 01.164 W96 44.755

Doin' my darndest to get there.
(Gotta' work out sitter arrangements - although my youngest would LOVE to ride ANYWHERE, lol).

Okay, I don't know how to make pics bigger...but here's how the breakdown is going. Oh, by the way, the Blast has BOTH metric and standard, that's been fun :doh:. It's totally broken down and we're dropping off the motor tonight...we'll see what they have to say :wary:.

Attachments

• 100_0815.JPG
    100_0815.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_0817.JPG
    100_0817.JPG
    4.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_0820.JPG
    100_0820.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 100_0827.JPG
    100_0827.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_0828.JPG
    100_0828.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 148
sunnyblu said:
Okay, I don't know how to make pics bigger...but here's how the breakdown is going.

The easiest way is to get you an account at a free photo server - I like Photobucket

www.photobucket.com

upload the photos to photobucket and then each photo has three urls listed below it, one just a link, one html, and one that has IMG and /IMG before and after the url in brackets.

just left click in the one surrounded by the IMG tags then right click and copy the url and come over and paste it in your post and the photo shows up in the post.

Acutally very easy.

-

Okay, I'll work on that picture thing...:argh: (I like technology, I just hate having to learn it).

So now the motor is officially loaded. Here's the last few pics of bf, my youngest helping and something most of you guys don't have to worry about. I went to change and noticed something bringing to mind how I'm feeling about Buell right now... "Don't Tread on Me", "Burn Rubber on Me"....good to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes, especially when you're a bit frustrated :smile:.

Attachments

• 100_0831.JPG
    100_0831.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 100_0832.JPG
    100_0832.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_0834.JPG
    100_0834.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 216
sunnyblu said:
Where is the meet & greet/time?

Marcos, I did a post on Introductions with pics of my SV's little adventure to get down here (wasn't sure where to put the post). Come to think of it, I don't have any pics of me on any of my bikes, need to do that before the Blast is gone. But I have 2 girlfriends who want to ride and they'd reallllly like me to keep the blast, lol. I think they should buy it, don't you?

Years ago I walked into a client's office and complimented him on the corvette he was driving. He immediately asked if I wanted to buy it. As time went on and I got to know him better, I came to find that he was always ready to sell pretty much anything. The way he looked at it, there was always another toy somewhere out there that someone was ready to make a good deal on. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have learned that lesson, I seem to hang on to all sorts of things for sentimental reasons, like that 85 Z-28 I've been restoring for what seems like forever.

All of which is to say... sounds to me like you don't have much sentimental attachment to the Buell. It did it's job and got you to the Suzie (and yes, I think we all know you love it :) ) Make 'em a good deal and sell that puppy! I'm sure you'll find lots of farkles and mods that you'll use the cash for.

Can't wait to see the new bike in person! Oh and if you want a hand with the whole hosted picture thing drop me a pm. I recently had to go that route for some things, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind and pretty straightforward.

Love that avatar btw! Makes me laugh wondering what it would take to wedge the FJR in our windstar.

It's not that I'm not sentimental. I was too sentimental for too long (hence all the "stuff" in my garage I'm parting with, lol. So now I'm trying to look forward to the future. My 8 year old asked if he could have the Blast :doh: . Part of the future is that I'm thinking about getting dirt bikes for my son and I instead of tying up the play funds for sentimental reasons. Besides I want to do track days soon, will need a track bike :mrgreen: . I haven't had time to check out where around here we could ride. I'm just picturing ALOT of time in maintenance. But he would really love it.

sunnyblu said:
It's not that I'm not sentimental. I was too sentimental for too long (hence all the "stuff" in my garage I'm parting with, lol. So now I'm trying to look forward to the future. My 8 year old asked if he could have the Blast :doh: . Part of the future is that I'm thinking about getting dirt bikes for my son and I instead of tying up the play funds for sentimental reasons. Besides I want to do track days soon, will need a track bike :mrgreen: . I haven't had time to check out where around here we could ride. I'm just picturing ALOT of time in maintenance. But he would really love it.
Check out thumpertalk.com. I believe they have a regional section where you can find all of the local dirt riding areas.

Oh yea...forgot to note on the pictures you will notice a skateboard...comes in quite handy for wheeling motors from patio to the turbowagon. And I have an antique sleigh that came in handy for a rampt and sliding the motor into the wagon. The guys at Bell had quite a puzzled look on their faces when they went to grab the motor. But hey, gotta' use whatcha' got, right?
(but son was none too happy that we scratched up his new skateboard, a ride on the SV for icecream took care of that.)

Oh and friend definitely wants Blast and is signing up for MSF class. So we're going to detail it while it's apart, new oil/filter, put a pretty bow on her and she's off. Soon as we get her motor fixed and put back together :rofl: picky picky...don't think she'd appreciate it arriving in a big box with ziplocs, even if they ARE labeled with a sharpie :mrgreen: .

Well....good news!!! The problem was a "slipped valve"...and Buell is going to pay to fix it, less some kind of $100 deductible. So that and the $60 tow charge I'm out $160, which stinks since it was a factory defect, but it's not worth $160 to fight about it and I'm thankful they're fixing it. And it will have a 90 day warranty from the dealership, so I'll basically have a new motor when all is said and done. And since we have it broken down we're going to detail it, clean up spots we couldn't get to before.
Oh, and my friend who was going to buy it broke her leg in a bad landing sky-diving, her kids said "NO motorcycles", lol (about the kids, not the leg). I'm so sad for her, (not about buying the bike), but now she won't be able to ride and I know she'd love it.
Anyway, my Blast should be up and running in a week, they had to order parts and from what I've "heard" that's pretty quick for Harley, so all is good :mrgreen:.

Back