• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is anyone experimenting with led tail lamps?

whoa

Reaction score
First Name
david
Last Name
day
I started quest a few years ago while changing the tail section of my Thruxton. A Speed Triple came along, then a Street Triple which diverted my attention from that old school style of riding. I'm ready to roll that bike out again and pick up where I left off.

While that was going on, I checked out some lights either purchased, or that guys had made DIY. I have to say they were underwhelming. Later on I noticed some tail lights on bicycles that outclassed what I'd seen on motorcycles. So I know it can be done, I just need to source the proper parts.

If you've done LEDs for this type of application, I'm interested in your source for components, and where you found the spec sheet to build the lights. Along with this, has anyone made lense covers for LED? I've read a little on this and it may be the color of lense and lights may be the downfall on some kits.

There are good sources for DIY lenses on hot rod and custom forums, but they are typically related to analog setup. I'd love to hear if you've had some success with this type of modification.

I've a similar interest, probably you've seen the same sites I have via Google "led circuit design", etc.

sub'd to follow along.

Back