• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trials Riding

Clutch seems to work fine so far - the bike came with couple quarts Repsol so I am assuming thats whats in it - its a very low hour like new bike
I need to get to Austin to ride with some trials guys for some tips/training
I have a home North of Fredericksburg so need to bring it next time we come down

Right on congrats. I have an 06 4RT

FYI if your clutch drags real bad there is a special transmission oil Honda recommends and it works perfectly but expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a place in Johnson City that is where I have been keeping my trials bike. Be sure to look me up next time you are heading that way. We live in Austin but am there most every weekend

We have a place in Johnson City that is where I have been keeping my trials bike. Be sure to look me up next time you are heading that way. We live in Austin but am there most every weekend

Thanks for the invite as I sure will give you a shout

Gang, I am pondering selling my beautiful almost un-used 2006 Montesa 4RT. Thought I would check here first to see if anybody from the group is even interested.

The only reason is I have had to be honest to myself and admit my lower back is not up to trials riding anymore. Much as I want to, since I have almost no cartilage left in several of my lower vertebra this is the safest option for me.

Reach out to me if you might be intersted ...

Gang, I am pondering selling my beautiful almost un-used 2006 Montesa 4RT. Thought I would check here first to see if anybody from the group is even interested.

The only reason is I have had to be honest to myself and admit my lower back is not up to trials riding anymore. Much as I want to, since I have almost no cartilage left in several of my lower vertebra this is the safest option for me.

Reach out to me if you might be intersted ...

Sorry that your back is giving you trouble . It is an essential part. Good to be smart about it. Take care of the flu too. Tough way to start the year; hopefully you are just getting the bad out of the way early .

I feel for you man, I know all about back problems. I have had 3 back surgeries, the latest a posterior and anterior fusion. Not fun. Best of luck to you on healing/recovering.

I find trials is actually comfortable for me, sitting is the worst. But I don't do any of the crazy stuff you see the experts and pros doing. I sold my Beta 4T only because I was told not to ride until this year and I didn't want the temptation.

Great. Working on a trial area on my place near La Grange. It still needs a lot of work to be much of a challenge, but I'm thinking of a get together in the spring.

How's the trials game going?

Just got back into trials myself. there is alot of good stuff at rio bravo and a good size group that rides most saturdays. I am there on wednesday also. I would like to ride some other spots some time.

Just got back into trials myself. there is alot of good stuff at rio bravo and a good size group that rides most saturdays. I am there on wednesday also. I would like to ride some other spots some time.

You didn't buy the new Honda/Montessa from Cycle Shack did you? Somebody took it home this week.

Yes I did. Only got a couple hours on her but I must say I'm loving the 300! No regrets that's for sure. my knees are shot but I can ride a trials bike all day.

I was there when you loaded up, lol. I'm kinda looking, need to hook up.

Sweet mercy was that you in the white and black corvette? If so wow what a car! Please com out to rio some time and hang out with the trials guys. Could be a life changing experience. Lol

Never owned a trials bike. Never even rode one. I race enduro bikes and would really like to get into trials. I think. I would like to try one out before I make a purchase.

If your ever up this way I have a Gas Gas and a 5 minute loop in the back that is beginner friendly. I say that cause I'm consider myself a beginner at trials. ;-)

Sam

I’m ready and haven’t even rode one!!

Awesome. I have been riding since 1979 and I have been saying the last few years if I could have only one bike it would be a trials bike (not that I want to own only one bike :rider: ). I know not everybody will agree, but I really like riding trials. Good luck.

There will be a trials event in may at rio bravo. There is a lot of good sections set up and a really good handful of trials vets that are more than happy to offer advice. Really good people I must say. For event info click out swvta.com modern and vintage bikes welcome and a class for all skill levels.

There will be a trials event in may at rio bravo. There is a lot of good sections set up and a really good handful of trials vets that are more than happy to offer advice. Really good people I must say. For event info click out swvta.com modern and vintage bikes welcome and a class for all skill levels.

:thumb:

Austin Trials will be having a 2 day trials event in mid April at CTOR.
Flyer here:

http://www.austintrials.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-State-78-CTOR-PDF.pdf

The 2 day event means you can do the trials competition on Saturday & Sunday, or just a Sat or Sunday if you're not chasing points.

Since this is in CTOR, bring all your toys b/c we get to ride trials AND trails, ie, do trials on a Sat, ride the loops on Sun, or vice-versa. Camp & party!

Back