• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Build it and they will come ... or not

Last edited:
things change and sometimes stay the same.

Last edited:
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

All the paved stuff I have in the area
Highlighted in red....if you can see it

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
dd7bd01faeb39584a9d10d02d57108b5.jpg
138187abdd51b43f1e82958d25a531e1.jpg

However....be prepared if the roads are being patched with gravel in places

Last edited:
I would be down to ride and grab some food either day.

Okay, let's make this official. Saturday, 11:30am, at the Country Store Located on the west service road of I-35W between Exits' 17 & 21 at the cross street of CR 106 (no exit).

I'll be there on the Wee. So who's in? Step up, folks.

Tim, You beat me to it. Yep, let's do this, Saturday at the Country Store at 11:30.

I'm going to leave south Grand Prairie/Arlington earlier than that to do some backroads exploring then meet y'all for lunch.

Route and times to be decided, but I'll be on my XL250 so I want to scope out some gravel.

After lunch, I plan to do a little more exploring on the way back.

Looking forward to seeing you, Larry. If you're up for a little company, I may tag along on the way back.

Teazer.......
e72eeb237e96b264f4a5e3b2218ae602.jpg

RZ500rich & I stopped in one day....having the large "build it & they will come" sandwich combo with chips.. drink.. & dessert of your dreams.... appx $9
b0e663bbfd76cffe38c0868472e173c2.jpg

This side of the table on the Slacktacular meat (pun) someone had a wrap it up
while Julie had that monster BBBLT
(the jalepeno cheeze bread is only avail on a large sandwich)
....get a coconut creme fried pie. ...or the lemon squares....or the brownie...or....?? you get my drift
You'll also prob leave there with sumthin else tasty....Id bet

Last edited:
I'm down for lunch. I'll meet you guys there at 11:30. Ill have a buddy with me. He's on an octane so we probably won't get off the pavement on the way there.

Last time I was there, I ordered a Chicken salad sandwich and an egg salad sandwich. The Chicken salad sandwich came first. End of debate on that age old question. :lol2:

I'll be getting there via pavement - mostly 157. When people show up for lunch, you might be able to work something out for a dirt ride afterwards. Contact Mr2Mch and he'll give you more non-paved routes than you can say grace over. Rod's the king of the goat paths.

I'll be getting there via pavement - mostly 157. When people show up for lunch, you might be able to work something out for a dirt ride afterwards. Contact Mr2Mch and he'll give you more non-paved routes than you can say grace over. Rod's the king of the goat paths.
Paved goat paths..... Mac has your bac for the gravel goats

Most CRs in Johnson Co are gonna be paved...Ellis is a mix depending on how far east & south ya go...Hill....non paved CRs...almost all

Last edited:
So here's what you need to know about the Country Store. After entering the store, go straight ahead and stop at the back counter. On top of the counter you'll find some order forms and pens for your sandwich order that you fill out and hand in. Don't get in a hurry, this isn't McDonald's drive thru. On the back of your order form are various meats and cheeses within their respective group you can choose from. Combo orders are shown at the bottom of the order form and quite reasonable. Small sandwiches are huge and large sandwiches are huger. As you look back to the left of the front door you'll find the drink cooler. My wife doesn't like sweets but loves their pies. Save room to transport goodies back as Mr2mch suggested earlier. Enjoy, I wish it wasn't my weekend to work otherwise I would join you all.

Last edited:
It's just a hop, skip and a jump from my house.

I plan on being there

I'll likely start early and take a longer route from Maypearl over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning on it, but my kid's baseball coach scheduled a tournament last minute. [emoji20]

The Country Store is located on the west service road of I-35W between Exits' 17 & 21 at the cross street of CR 106 (no exit).

They are supposed to be moving sometime in the near future to downtown Itasca approximately one block east of the main traffic light located at Hwy 81 and FM 66 near the bank.

What a unique place to eat. Perfect for when you're out riding around. I'll be dreaming about all the fun you're having while I'm sleeping in between 12 hours shifts.

Is the Country Store on the northbound or southbound side? I have 2 online maps telling me different stories, & I can't find an image on Google Maps.

It's just a hop, skip and a jump from my house.

I plan on being there

I'll likely start early and take a longer route from Maypearl over.

What time you headed that way? I'll be leaving Red Oak around 10:15 I'll be coming through maypearl around 10:30 or so

I can meet you guys for lunch but won’t have time to ride afterwards. My son has a state band competition in Austin later in the day, then we’re headed to Port A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back