• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

zipper broke on enduro Jacket where to get fixed

Reaction score
Title says it all.
My moose enduro jacket has been great for the last 4 years.. Saturday the zipper just splits open.. instead of paying a $350 for a new jacket.. I'd like to see if I can get the zipper replaced.

any ideas? think a regular seamstress could fix?

I'm in Austin

I've had a pair of moto pants fixed twice at a local tailor - specifically Olivia's on Jefferson St, in Austin.

I have a pair of riding pants I like that and crappy zippers. Took them to a boot/saddle and had them put quality zippers in both legs. Still using them and that was 10 years ago. You might try there.

I have had good luck at an auto upholstery shop. I had to order the zipper and then they sewed it in for me.

Leather or upholstery shop might be a better bet than a tailor. In my experience, tailors don't want to mess with mc gear...

I've had success at shoe repair places having jacket zippers replaced, straps resewn on leather ruck sacks, even having some minor work done on a guitar case.

The shop Jeff suggested looks like a winner.
Ken, we would all be interested in hearing about it if you try Olivia's.

I've been using a shop in south Austin called Master Tailors. I've only ever taken him motorcycle gear, he does great work.

4619 S Congress Ave
Unit B
Austin, TX 78745
512-326-4948

I had good luck with a standard tailor shop a few years ago. had a good pair of riding pants that split the zipper. Tailor shop replaced the leg zippers with heavy duty brass zippers for 30 dollars.

You boys better start skipping some of those pie runs!

52321157.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtXWGDb2ppo"]Fix a Zipper that Doesn't Close - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty easy fix. I have fixed a few thinks this way.

Back