• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Austin

zee-1

Reaction score
After a too long hiatus from moto-ing (wife, kids, mortgage will do that), I jumped back into it this summer when I bought an old GS out of Houston. Had same model back in the day, and swore I'd own another before I got too old and stupid... oops, too late! :doh:

Just getting my wrenching chops back, with some worthy help from a few TX buds. So far, have done valves, clutch, carbs, brakes, forks, and the usual odd-n-ends associated with maintaining 30 year old bikes. Been collecting parts (exhausts, air box, seat, etc.) to get her back to stock appearance. Upgrades included 1085 kit, ported head, cams, suspension, 530 conversion... the good stuff, thanks to previous owner who's a solid guy. Otherwise, she looks like a plain old grocery getter. ;-)

Looking forward to some good twisty rides here in TX, and meeting some of the TWT group. Nice site y'all got going, and glad to be here. Oh, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hope Santa brings me those NOS cover emblems I've been wishing for...:pray: ;-)

IMG_0113b.jpg

(at Harvest Classic this year)
P1030009.jpg

Had same model back in the day, and swore I'd own another before I got too old and stupid... oops, too late! :doh:

Otherwise, she looks like a plain old grocery getter. ;-)

Welcome.
Looks great. But, we never say "Too Old and Stupid" here. It just confuses us. We all answer to that discription. :clap:
And Mudclod is right "Wes Colley Rocks" Wait what's that got to do with anything. :brainsnap :rofl:

Beautiful bike! :thumb:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Thanks for all the welcomes. Looks like it's gonna be some nice riding weather over the next few days... time to adjust the suspension for that extra 5 lbs. i put somehow put on last week!

Back