• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 Aprilia SXV 550 -- SOLD!! --

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to sell my SXV. It is a 2007 450, I bought a completely updated 550 motor last year, I have about 1000 miles on the 550 motor. The thing will always make you smile, it sounds great, runs great and is probably the best hooligan bike in the land.

I am asking $6000.00, might consider part trades or even trades. I need to lower my number of bikes but you never know what I will like.

That said, I want to retire, I need to thin the herd.

So, the bike has an upgraded Brembo M/C and caliper up front,
the 550 motor build by Allen Noland of Noland Trans World Cycle (has a facebook page)
I have an Ice Parts Quick shifter to toss in with it.
Recent Michelins
Spares, lots of spares.
Oil changed every 500 miles. Current motor got 100 mile, 500 mile, and extra two to change the oil pump seal, and one at 1000 miles.
Adige Slipper Clutch installed.
Seat Concepts seat.
Cycra hand guards

This is an awesome toy, I need someone to love it like I do. These are rare as hens teeth, one that is properly built is still rarer.

Here are a couple of photos, the rest of them are HERE

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2007 Aprilia SXV 550

I've heard you say you were gonna sell it but never, ever thought I'd see the day. GLWS ...

I want to retire, I need to thin the herd.

That makes no sense ...

You need to get number 6 Mitch....you know you want it....

This makes me sad. However, having ridden it, wow is it ever a fun bike. I wish there were more V-Twin supermotos like this one.

I got to put some miles on these when they first came out several years
back one was fairly well tweaked track toy belonging to AF1

They are an amazing bike and tons of fun as a matter of fact the officer
that stopped me the first day I took one on the street commented that
it looked like fun while he was writing me a small ticket.

Seems he was having issues getting me on radar as I slid around the
roundabout in downtown New Braunfels and suggested I take it back
over to the dealership before he spent more time thinking of other
things to write up like,

No plates
that long wheelie on the way to the roundabout
the three laps around the roundabout before I noticed him

and he assumed he could find a few more if he really wanted to

Basically if you enjoy having a drivers license, don't buy this bike. But how much fun you'll have losing it. :D

Basically if you enjoy having a drivers license, don't buy this bike. But how much fun you'll have losing it. :D

Oh the bike is an enabler but I dont need much of a push to get myself in trouble on almost anything with wheels :mrgreen:

Woo Hoo! Got an Offer pending. She might be heading to Seattle, Wa. Woo Hoo!

Seattle? That's going to be a pain when you decide to buy it back.

I bet not, this one will stay sold, I will be all Suzuki, all the time......until I see me one of 'em 790 Dukes, that might upset my apple cart.

Looks like she is a done deal. Almost sad, tomorrow I will clean her up and get her ready to go on her way to Seattle.

Nice one Mitch, gets me down to 5! Woo Hoo!

I look forward to hearing the story and plan to get it there.

Dang Mitch, I am just putting the money in my pocket. He is hiring a shipper to come get it, sir. I ain't like you noobs up in G-Town. This my second rodeo with the shipper's. Some parts in a flat rate box will get her done, sir.

Are you meeting the shipper or are they gonna try coming down your driveway, and more importantly, try to turn around and go back out?

I think I noticed a single tear running down Doug's cheek this afternoon.

When asked about the sale, he could hardly talk ... and that says a lot ...

Hey, they are all my babies. So, Monday I meet up with the shipper. So it will be off to Seattle. I loved it, it was a hoot, it tried to kill me a time or two, but in the end I love her dearly, and a little sad to say goodbye, but she is a little high strung.

Here are some goodbye pics for the road...

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

You know I found a 2008 Superduke 990 R for $5500.00 with 5k miles. Life is hard...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back