• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Guy from Fort Worth

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm 50 years old but completely new to the motorcycle world. I completed my Motorcycle Safety Course on March 31st of this year and gathered enough money to buy my first bike this June-a 2009 Suzuki V Strom 650. I spent a bunch of time in parking lots with my new bike, practicing the emergency maneuvers and slow speed skills I learned in the safety course.

Around mid-June, I headed out on a three day trip. I took the back roads from Fort Worth down to Sanderson, Texas, where I then looped back east travelling through Del Rio, Bracketville, up FM-674 (beautiful) past Kickapoo Cavern State Park (unfortunately it was closed), through Rocksprings, and Junction. I spent the night in Menard before heading back home to Fort Worth. It was a great learning experience.

Sanderson, Texas
SAM_3842.jpg

langtry1.jpg

Somewhere north of Bracketville on FM-674
image.jpg

My whole reason for buying a motorcycle was to travel. Hopefully I'll get to do alot of that this fall. If everything works out, next month I'm going to wander around New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona.

Aloha and welcome to the crew. Plenty of Strom riders on the site one of the most used rides on TWT. There are many that have one now or have owned them in the past. Looks like you camp off the bike,we do that here about every month. Make sure to join in on one of the pie runs or gatherings. Great ways to meet other members and match up faces with site names. KP

Howdy from just south of you.

Tomorrow, there are a group of "slackers" gathering in Bluff Dale around 0945.
From there, some meandering about will occur culminating in lunch at some hole in the wall spot in the midst of nowhere.

These are always a lot fun and slackers are always a lot of fun.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115051

Welcome to the site and please, feel free to join in the fun.

Welcome to the forum and to the world of motorcycle riding.
You seems to have taken off real good!

:clap:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! mitchntx-I appreciate the invite. I can't make it tomorrow but I'll definitely try to make it to the next one.

Welcome from Burleson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Cowtown. That trip was a great way to start your cycle adventures.

Another welcome from Burleson. I ride a Vee 1000.

Welcome from the big city of Rendon. The Wee is a great bike and should be a most excellent choice for your first one. Practicing parking lot maneuvers is something that most of us should probably do with some regularity. Those skills atrophy quickly if not used.

I hope you and the Wee have many adventures in front of you.

Edit: a couple of regular or semi regular Tarrant county events for you to consider:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18368

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110791

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! mitchntx-I appreciate the invite. I can't make it tomorrow but I'll definitely try to make it to the next one.

Please do so ... had a heckuva time.

The route to cruise on and the place for lunch was fantastic.
And such weather for August.

I'm a little west of you at McKinney, we ride dirt and road and are pretty good with anything electrical or mechanical, so if you need any help with anything don't hesitate to reach out, I have most of the tools to cope with any issues..

Gary

Welcome from Houston!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back