• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DL650 hose disconnected

Reaction score
First Name
Thierry
Last Name
Cottin
I found that hose disconnected in the middle of the engine..I have no idea where it could be go...if you know,please let me know!I'm very disapointed with that bike,the steering need to be checked,the clutch cable seems becoming harder and I have only 13000 km with it!I miss my "old"V-strom.

Attachments

• 20170829_172924.jpg
    20170829_172924.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 20170829_173026.jpg
    20170829_173026.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 162
Looks like a crank or head breather tube that probably needs to plug into the bottom of the air box. But that is just my first guess.

I agree, looks like some kind of breather hose. When the bike is running at idle, is there any air suction from the hose? If you block it off with a thumb, does it affect the RPM at all?

I'm sure someone with more experience with the DLs will post up at some point.

I agree, looks like some kind of breather hose. When the bike is running at idle, is there any air suction from the hose? If you block it off with a thumb, does it affect the RPM at all?

I'm sure someone with more experience with the DLs will post up at some point.

I will test it tomorrow.That's what I was thinking about:to the air box.
Anyway I miss my 2010 v-strom I rode 25.000 miles with.Furthemore my suzuki dealer service is so bad,just able to sell new bikes and making a horrible work,I will never buy a suzuki anymore.They sell chinese scooter as well(!!)because they had to lose a lot of customers.Very sad for a store opened decades ago..
How is the US motorcycles market?Here only Harley,BMW and Ducati are ok.I 'm afraid that the financial situation kills again some company and dealers.

the one your pointing at is a vent that goes up under air box and down to a tee with another vent line and also some wires together with that hose. The other appears to look like vent are a drain to the air box could be crack case vent? Tells me some one has been under the hood messing around. The bad thing you will have to take the plastic of that side and may be the tank to hook it back up are find were it goes. Its not hard just time consuming a beer and a good chair makes it go better. The steering I don't no about mine is fine and it got hammered hard on the Continental Divide Ride in June it took a lot of dirt naps but no real problems and we have the same mileage I assuming that's a 2015 or 16 correct.

The clutch cable is easy get a cable luber first clean it with WD40 and re-lube with some good cable lube had to do mine the same way it was just dry.
What your steering doing, tight, loose, notchey is it wobble do you still have stock tires on ??

Aaron

Last edited:
Back