• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cycle Jack for VTX 1300C

snb290

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
I can't seem to find the right forum to post this, so I'll just put it right here.

I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced jack for my 07 VTX 1300 C. It has those 2 drain plugs, so it is hard to find something that doesn't cover one up.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Happy Trails
STeven

will one like this work?

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641776_200641776

If so I have one in the garage I bought a couple of years ago that I have really no use for will not work on the ST or ZRX without removing either bodywork or the exhaust

it is yours if you can figure out how to get it to Rusk, it is not perfect but works well.

My technique has been to use cinder blocks as a wheel lift for my 1800R. I have the same issue- two holes plus the filter- so I use the jack budzrex pictured to lift it, and once airborne I put cinder blocks under the wheel and kickstand, and then let it back down. I use a 4x4 on top of the cinder block under the kickstand to bring the bike a little closer to level. All of the loosening torque motions are toward the kickstand so just be careful, or have someone hold down the bike, when you're torquing the front bolt and filter. When working alone I keep a hand on the kickstand while using the torque wrench on them.

Last edited:
I use a similar lift as pictured above and a custom stand for my VTX. It is rock solid and doesn't cover any oil drains. It is currently buried in the garage so I can't get a photo. I bought it from a VTX Cafe member from Missouri City that was making and selling them 10 years ago. Maybe still? I haven't been active on that forum in years.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I use a similar lift as pictured above and a custom stand for my VTX. It is rock solid and doesn't cover any oil drains. It is currently buried in the garage so I can't get a photo. I bought it from a VTX Cafe member from Missouri City that was making and selling them 10 years ago. Maybe still? I haven't been active on that forum in years.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Neither has your VTX. :rofl:

Neither has your VTX. :rofl:

Even longer than you would imagine.
I keep detailed fuel records. Next week will be 7 yrs since I last fueled the VTX.
3-1/2 yrs for the Husky.
When and if I take them out of hibernation it will be like I have a new bike. Until then the layer of dust is protecting the finish. Lol

I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced jack for my 07 VTX 1300 C. It has those 2 drain plugs, so it is hard to find something that doesn't cover one up.

Are you sure that it has to be jacked up to access the plugs to change the oil? My Road Star 1700 has a two drain plug arrangement but I can access them while it is on the kickstand. Then just put the right thickness wood block under the kickstand to get it near level.

Last edited:
Even longer than you would imagine.
I keep detailed fuel records. Next week will be 7 yrs since I last fueled the VTX.
3-1/2 yrs for the Husky.
When and if I take them out of hibernation it will be like I have a new bike. Until then the layer of dust is protecting the finish. Lol

I bought my VTX from a gent who had let his sit for almost 4 years in his shed.
Lived west of Waco.

Gas had turned to varnish.

I documented my drama here ...

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/6-vtx-1800-tech-board/333094-think-i-know-issue-but-3.html

Are you sure that it has to be jacked up to access the plugs to change the oil? My Road Star 1700 has a two drain plug arrangement but I can access them while it is on the kickstand. Then just put the right thickness wood block under the kickstand to get it near level.

It's not strictly necessary but it sure makes the work easier. I bought a low-profile oil pan for mine when I don't feel like putting it on blocks.

Funny how things work out. For the longest time my wife wouldn't ride with me. Probably my own fault for scaring her a while back. But about 3 weeks ago she said she would go if it was a trike. Probably knew I'd never spend enough money to get one of those. But I did find one of those "Intatrike" kits on Ebay. Got it on now, so as it turns out, I won't be needing the jack. But THANKS to all of you kind folks that offered, above and beyond assistance.

Back