• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dallas - Carb Guy for vintage Honda?

philipbarrett

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a good carb guy in Dallas who works on vintage Hondas. My CB400F needs to be set up properly and I think the complications of a 4 bank exceeds both my mechanical abilities and the contents of my tool box (carb synch meters).

These don't need rebuilding as the bike starts & runs, just a thorough going through.

Any recommendations?

Metric Garage in Argyle 972-849-6351

Has done great work for me

I found a guy by the name of Steve Wagner in Royce City. Some of the large Honda dealerships refer customers with vintage bikes to him. He's been working on these since the early 70's. He just rebuilt the carbs and did a tune on my '74 cb550k. Purrs like a kitten. PM me if you want his number.

If you're willing to ship 'em or what-have-you, there's an awesome guy down here in Austin. Chris at Limey Bikes just got the carbs on my CB350-Four (which I think is just a smaller-bored version of your bike) back to me today, and they're running marvelously.

Pics of this CB400?

Weird George down in the Hill County. Had my GS1000 VM26 carbs rebuilt and tweaked by him years ago. Worth every penny I spent as even today after sitting for a good while they work great.

https://www.wgcarbs.com/index.php/carburetor-rebuilding

I've got the tools out in Greenville to work on them but not sure if you want to bring the bike all the way out there to mess with it.

Pics of this CB400?

Tease...

IMG_2614-L.jpg

IMG_2616-L.jpg

I second the Metric Garage in Argyle. He overhauled the carbs on my '94 Goldwing. Runs great! Only problem is that he is usually a couple weeks behind. Still worth the wait.

Pretty tank and pipes. What you are dealing with now on the carbs is what keeps me from getting one, either a CB550 or CB750.

I'd love to see this when you are done. It would have been a good entry at Harvest Classic last month.

Thanks - I'm finished with the restoration & have been riding her some, just need to get the carbs finally & properly balanced out.

Very nice. How do you like it? I have a varnish blue one that is close to riding, but haven't ridden it yet. I've been told they're a blast to ride. Nicely balanced.

Back