• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWTEX Member Resources

30 years in the natural gas mid-stream business. Processing and pipelining natural gas and its by-products to keep them from freezing in the dark!

Im a service manager/technician at a Honda motorcycle dealership. Honda has three levels of training for there technicians. Red(top), Silver(middle), and Bronze(lowest). I am a Silver level tech, one of seven in the state of Texas. There are no Red levels in Texas.
Also Im a wannabe gunsmith. Im in the middle of building a heavy barreled
220 swift bench rifle.
Ron

Finite element analyst, specializing in high speed rotating machines and fiber-reinforced composite structures. Mainly structural analysis, but also some thermal and just a smattering of computational fluid dynamics. Rotor-dynamics and vibration analysis. I work at the University of Texas - Center for Electromechanics. BSME and MSE from UT.

I started out at Westinghouse in Round Rock, and before I was an engineer I was an X-ray tech at Brackenridge in Austin, way back when you actually had to know how to turn knobs to get a good picture.

Oh, and I also do some weekend wrenching, mainly specializing in Nissan Maximas.

Finite element analyst, specializing in high speed rotating machines and fiber-reinforced composite structures. Mainly structural analysis, but also some thermal and just a smattering of computational fluid dynamics. Rotor-dynamics and vibration analysis. I work at the University of Texas - Center for Electromechanics. BSME and MSE from UT.

I started out at Westinghouse in Round Rock, and before I was an engineer I was an X-ray tech at Brackenridge in Austin, way back when you actually had to know how to turn knobs to get a good picture.

Oh, and I also do some weekend wrenching, mainly specializing in Nissan Maximas.

Now don't be a hater. :shame: Just because I don't have to hand crank the generator and hand dip the films doesn't make me less of an x-ray tech. ;) Haha. Us young techs have skill, just in a different way than the old schools techs. We just had an tech in his 60's retire because he couldn't learn the new technology. :doh:

Im a full time bum, on 24 hour call all year 'round as a roustabout,pipe drifter, flare line installer, tank washer, chemical cleaner upper, whatever other crap job your guys on the rig dont wanna do, I do audio recording as a hobby [and a major] i do lots of computer repair that people talk me in to doing for free, and i ride motorcycles. alot. pretty much when im not doing anything else.

Man... I need a spiffy title :doh:

I do VERY basic mechanical/structural engineering to pay the bills. The things I like to do include running TWT, riding, reading history, philosophy, theology, studying Austrian Economic theory, compiling monster posts to scramble the brains of any TWT member daring enough to read them... :lol2: Most of all, I really enjoy meeting people from all walks of life. That is what drove me to start TWT. I've no desire to be rich and/or powerful. It is just not worth the effort for the rewards from my perspective. I'd rather die with lots of good friends than a lot of money :shrug: I don't like feeling like I am drowning in stuff that requires my time and money to maintain. Other than running TWT, I generally seek to minimize the stress in my life :-P

Great Thread.

I am VP of Development for a hotel managment company based in DC. We operate hotels across the country, and I am responsible for adding new clients. Lots of time on the road -- unfortunately mostly via air, although I take the bike whenever I can drum up a client in TX. So, if you own a hotel... :-)

Now don't be a hater. :shame: Just because I don't have to hand crank the generator and hand dip the films doesn't make me less of an x-ray tech. ;) Haha. Us young techs have skill, just in a different way than the old schools techs. We just had an tech in his 60's retire because he couldn't learn the new technology. :doh:

I didn't mean any disrespect. Well, not much, anyway. ;-) I realize radiologic technology is a much more complicated field than it was back when I was scattering rays. That was becoming apparent even back in the 70's. I operated the first ultrasound and CT scan machines at Brack. Pretty spiffy stuff, even back in its infancy, but I got the most pleasure from the challenge of producing a good x-ray using a completely manual portable machine in surgery or the emergency room, when you had to get it right the first time.

Planner/Scheduler in the Energy & Chemicals industry.

I'm currently working on a maintenance project at an R&D facility in West Houston. While it is nice being on a local project I'm trying to get things here running stable enough so that I can travel.

Previously, I was a Client-Server Systems Analyst with an insurance company in Illinois and a Supply Chain Systems Analyst with a large computer hardware manufacturer here in Houston.

I didn't mean any disrespect. Well, not much, anyway. ;-) I realize radiologic technology is a much more complicated field than it was back when I was scattering rays. That was becoming apparent even back in the 70's. I operated the first ultrasound and CT scan machines at Brack. Pretty spiffy stuff, even back in its infancy, but I got the most pleasure from the challenge of producing a good x-ray using a completely manual portable machine in surgery or the emergency room, when you had to get it right the first time.

No worries, I didn't take it as disrespect, I was just getting in on the fun. ;)

I enjoy portable work, as well, which has changed very little except for the processing side of things. It's still very much dependent on technique, just with a little more latitude.

I do mostly Special Proocedures/angiography with the occasional trip to OR for some c-arm work. I love the Special Procedures lab, but it's a dying breed also. CT and MR angiography are slowly replacing it.

Man my job is pretty boring compared to all you guys. I just fly airplanes for a living.

I'm a Bio-Mechanical Engineer doing accident analysis and re-construction. In other words I am the one that makes sure that the manufacturer didn't cause you "zip-plats" to impale yourself on trees. J/K Oh, and I build and sell hand tuned, hand made wind chimes (my zen theraphy)

Accounting manager for a major semiconductor company at LBJ/Central.
Since Enron, I have used "drug dealer" as my occupation on my tax return because "CPA" is just too much of a red flag for an audit.:trust:

Attachments

• Trying to be Funny.jpg
    Trying to be Funny.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 61
Back