• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Olympia Gear ?'s

Hizzo

Have you had an opportunity to really try out the Moab Jacket?

While in Austin, for Moto GP, I picked up a pair of Olympia mesh pants (not sure of the model. One unzipped to the knee and one unzipped to the hip. I got the hip ones) Now I need a good summer jacket. I was wondering if will be cool enough for Texas summer riding. I am looking at the Moab or the Airglide 4. The Moab appeals to me a little more than the Airglide because of the length. I was recently given a jacket that hangs down past the waste line like the Moab. For me it’s more comfortable than the jackets that stop at your belt line.

Does anyone have both jackets? Is there a big difference in air flow?

I have Olympia's jacket that was the model name before the Moab, 3/4 length. Plenty of mesh and it is my summer jacket. About to switch to it soon. I use it with the pants you bought and life is good up to 100 degrees sitting in traffic with no airflow...but I doubt there is a solution for that. Some jackets don't have enough mesh on the sleeves which is bad if your screen blocks the air hitting your chest.

I have the Olympia AST, Airglide 3 jacket and original Airglide pants. The AST is a 3/4 length jacket and flows a LOT of air when the vents are open. In fact, I rarely ever wear the Airglide jacket since the AST works so well. Down here, it's a true year-round jacket since you can close the vents and add a liner when the temps drop. And it's the most waterproof piece of gear I own. I sold all my Aerostich gear a few months after I discovered Olympia.

Back