• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

David "GNNY8698" Burger, Naval Base Yokosuka-Yokosuka Japan

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Burger
David"GNNY8698" Burger, Naval Base Yokosuka-Yokosuka Japan

Here are some pics of the bandit in Japan taken last week, Weather is in the 60's during the day and then drops to 30's at night.

Attachments

• Bandit (Japan) 001.jpg
    Bandit (Japan) 001.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 247
  • Bandit (Japan) 002.jpg
    Bandit (Japan) 002.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 223
  • Bandit (Japan) 010.jpg
    Bandit (Japan) 010.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Bandit (Japan) 004.jpg
    Bandit (Japan) 004.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Re: The Bandit in Japan

Cool, how was the riding over there? It's been a long time since I've been there. I do recall how narrow the roads were but this was way before I started riding.

Re: The Bandit in Japan

TM, Thanks for the correction.

The riding up here is suppose to be real nice, yes the prefecural roads are narrow. My bandit is still a virgin, as it hasnt made it off base yet, It is currently in the bed of a truck waiting to go to Yokohama tomorrow to take my ERC( cant get off-base license without it). Mt. Fuji is snowed in right now but there are still some good roads to drive here and since i found a GPS map in english for Japan, I am no able to plan my routes. I will be posting up more pics as they are taken, hopefully will get up to the "Big Buddha" next week and get some more pics up.

David, are you still in Yokosuka?

My husband and I spent the last 3yrs up in Misawa (P3 pilot). We never had the chance to ride down south but the area from what we saw on a drive out to Fuji was gorgeous. We rode quite a bit up in Tohoku.

One book I highly recommend you pick up for Japan is a map guide called Mapple Touring. It is geared specifically towards riders, with a very good index showing scenic attractions and good eats. We never went anywhere without it. It is in Japanese but between that, a pocket dictionary and some basic speaking skills, we got to see a lot.

Take care

I am still in Yokosuka, well I am out floating around right. I have met up with some guys that are stationed here and have been here awhile. When i am in-port my weekends are spent riding. We mostly spend are time southwest of Fuji, in the Hokane area. When i get back i plan on putting up a ride report and photo's of where we have been. I have done so much riding that i go through a set of tires in about 5 months. Most of our navigating is done by looking at a map and saying " this looks fun, lets go this way". So far it has turned out great. I havent been to Misawa but i did meet a couple of Airman from there last year when i was at Motegi for the MotoGP.

Back