• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from South East Houston

Reaction score
Hey guys, just joined up not too long ago. Figured I'd make my introduction and get to know some of you guys. I found two wheeled texans while browsing google for Lord knows what. :lol2:

I live in Houston, TX; the South East side of town and have pretty much lived in this area including Pasadena all of my life. I started riding motorcycles at 9 years old when I started riding motocross, and quit riding and racing January of 08 due to a knee injury. It hurt just too darn bad to land big jumps even with my suspension set up properly so I told my dad I was ready to quit.

In 2010 I got back into riding, and got my Class M and got an 09 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 classic. I put quite a few miles on the bike commuting and a few long day trips in just under a year when my dad decided he didn't want his 09 Vulcan 2000 classic. June of 11 he decided he wanted a 1700 Vaquero, so for fathers day I let him trade the 900 in on the 1700, and I got the 2000 out of the deal.

I pretty much ride all the time, rain or shine but I try to avoid the rain if I can't help it, but hey, when you ride all the time sometimes you get caught out in it and can't do much about it. I'm also a firearms enthusiast, member of the NRA and am a member of the PSC Shooting Club in Friendswood, TX. If any of you shoot Marlin Firearms, and are apart of Marlin Owners you may recognize me.

I am a future HVAC/R technician, and I also love welding and hope to have my certificate of technology in welding sometime soon, I do have an occupational in HVAC/R. Well I figure that's all I can say about myself for now; looking forward to posting and getting to know you fine folks. Photobucket is being kinda screwy right now so I could only get a hold of 1 pic of my bike for now. Sorry for the ugly mug. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
:welcome: from Montgomery, birthplace of the Texas flag.

I'm posting a welcome cuz you & I seem to be two peas in a pod. I'm a rider of course, but also a gun enthusiast. I teach CHL, women's beginning shooting, & like all good Texas gals, hunt when there's opportunity. I just traded up in caliber to a .45 from a 9, but can't decide which is more impressive, my old Sig or my new XDM.

your bike is gorgeous & your mug is NOT ugly. :sun:

Welcome to our family.

Howdy and welcome from a bit further southeast.

Love those Vulcans. I started on a Kaw. That VN2000 is a monster!

:welcome: from Montgomery, birthplace of the Texas flag.

I'm posting a welcome cuz you & I seem to be two peas in a pod. I'm a rider of course, but also a gun enthusiast. I teach CHL, women's beginning shooting, & like all good Texas gals, hunt when there's opportunity. I just traded up in caliber to a .45 from a 9, but can't decide which is more impressive, my old Sig or my new XDM.

your bike is gorgeous & your mug is NOT ugly. :sun:

Welcome to our family.
I know one thing, I don't want to have either one of those calibers shot at me. :lol2:

I love hunting, and finally this year I got to get back out and hunt again. I'm mostly interested in hog hunting now but will deer hunt when I can. I'm actually just a really big nerd when it comes to firearms. :mrgreen:

Howdy and welcome from a bit further southeast.

Love those Vulcans. I started on a Kaw. That VN2000 is a monster!

Indeed, it is a monster. It's too bad kawasaki stopped making it. I guess it didn't sell good enough.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Really glad to be apart of the family.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

If you love guns, you will definitely fit in here :lol2:

Back