• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

my2wheels.com

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
I came across this site the other day doing some google searches for GPS help.

The site is targeted at SW US, but it's a good site for anyone who likes to ride.

Not long after reading some of the post, I really enjoyed the sites 'tude, and I joined to get some GPS help and drool over the DS pics and stories. It has a big Dual Sport slant to it, and the ride reports are pretty good with pics. They did a trip to Moscow, Tx and the ride reports are worth the read.

my2wheels.com check them out, looks like a good bunch.

One thing that I want to find out: does the Bing maps load routes and way points to a Garmin? Mapquest only loads the route - way points are required for "next turn" information. I use Google maps and have to convert its via points to way points and then edit the way points for "next turn" info. Would be nice to not have to do that.

I just spent a couple minutes playing with a short route on Bing maps - don't like the way it updates: very slow compared to Google maps.

I had gave up on google when they dropped the FM numbers on their maps. Looks like they have brought them back now. I'll have to give them another try.

I am still not sure how to get a route on my gps from the net though.

Back