• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit 1250S to N conversion

10acff

Reaction score
Hi, I recently layed my 2007 Bandit 1250 down and it is the S model. It scratched up the front fairing pretty good and I've grown to like the naked style bikes quite a bit lately. Does anybody know of how I can go about doing a conversion to my bike to make it the naked style? I did see the one at dale walker's website and noticed he doesn't sell the head light with it anymore. I am having a hard time mentally picturing how I would do this and was also wondering if I had to change the way my gauge cluster is currently. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe.

P.S. I am sorry if there is a thread already on this. I did take the time to try and look through several pages for one before I posted this. Thanks again!

Thanks achesley. I actually stumbled across that right after I posted this thread. That looks awesome. He did a great job. I seriously doubt if I can do the kind of work he did.

What Scott and Tasi do to their bikes is not normal. LOL!

I've done it - it's easy if you buy the standard naked parts. I found all the parts on eBay but the connectors for the naked clocks are very different, so the easiest way is to buy a second hand naked loom and solder a piece of the loom with the clocks connectors into your faired loom :thumb:

Another thought - there's nowhere to screw the mirrors into the faired switchgear. I bought these in the UK but there's probably something similar in the US

http://www.bitzforbikes.co.uk/Mirror_Mount_10mm_Thread.-ref-13422-87.html

Yogi,
Thanks for jumping in here. I knew someone in the UK had done this but for the life of me, could not remember your handle.

Back