• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did your bike teach you recently?

Guess its not really bike related per se but, recently I was reminded of the importance of situational awareness, especially when on a bike. As I waited for the 18 wheeler infront of me to finish maneuvering into its own parking spot, I noticed that even though it was moving forward as it was turning, its rear wheels were actually moving backwards diminishing the space between it and its parking spot.

Glad I learned yet another reason why not to get too close to an 18 wheeler, especially if its not stationery and its engine is not off.

I learned Sunday that even the 1150GS does not have infinite cornering clearance as the Jesse Bag dug into the pavement. Good ride none the less.

I really don’t think the 1150GS is that heavy. It is getting more and more seat time than my beloved Tiger 800XC. It feels balanced.

Back