• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newb looking to ride on the 4th near DFW

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
I've been poking around on the web & it looks like a lot of these OHV parks are only open on the weekend? I was wanting to go out for the first time on the 4th since I am off. Bike has yet to get plated so off-road only for now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Red River I am sure will be open, most info is on their Facebook page anymore.

Hidden Falls should be open as well.

Trophy club is a good place to ride if riding alone since it is very small. If anything goes wrong someone will be along shortly and you are never too far from your vehicle. Just be careful, because it is small it can get a little crowded and although it is kind of marked as one way, don't assume that everyone will be riding one way... careful around blind corners in other words. Also, I believe you will have to purchase an OHV sticker for your bike that is good for one year in addition to the normal entrance fee.

Trophy Club really is a good place to get used to riding off road or get used to a new bike, but at some point you will want something bigger and/or more challenging. Of all the places I have ridden in the area Red River Motorcycle Trails (RRMT) is my favorite. But it is significantly larger and its better if you don't ride alone.

Thanks for all the posts! I ended up driving out to TC on Sunday and got my OHV sticker. I am thinking of waiting till next weekend as I am guessing TC is a swamp after all the rain we got last night...

As much as I would like to get out this weekend, I can't due to a missing washer on my carb (long story). Next weekend (Aug 5th or 6th) I can.

For those of you who were on the last Bonham ride, I'm the guy with the "China Bike". Its a RPS Hawk 250. Just something I am using to learn to ride off road with. I'll be getting a better bike perhaps next year, I am leaning towards a DRZ.

Attachments

• 20170704_151017.jpg
    20170704_151017.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 266
Back