• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Diagnostic plug location 2000 BMW r1100rt-p

txtinman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
White
Trying to find the diagnostic plug on a friend's 2000 r1100rt-p. Anyone know where it is located?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if the Police bikes are identical to the other R1100RTs. If they are the diagnostic plug will be behind the fuse box. There are three brown wires striped blue, green and white linked to it, and it may have a blue cap on the end of the plug. The wires disappear into the harness on the brake side of the bike. Do you need to Motronic 2.2 fault codes or information on the test light?

Last edited:
His bike quit running and I suspect that the fuel pump died. I offered to connect my Gs911 to troubleshoot the problem. I can't hear the pump running so I'm pretty sure it is dead. He's going to get a new one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sounds good and I hope that fixes it. I've done the pump replacement myself. While he has the tank off, he may want to consider putting dual shutoff quick disconnects. I've heard the GS911 will work on the older flat plug Motronic 2.2, but I don't know for sure. If that (the fuel pump) doesn't work, it may be the hall sensor. Most go south right around 60K miles due to bad insulation in the wiring. If he needs help with more diagnostic information for the 1100, shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
You might check the fuel pump relay first. You can swap it out with the horn relay for a test.
It happened to me and luckily it was just the relay.

Figure2.jpg

SS

Last edited:
That's a good idea about the relay. I'm going to pass that on to my friend. Thanks.

Back