• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

Being poor and having the opportunity to make a couple of dollars will probably keep me away but if I'm off, see y'all there.

Being poor and having the opportunity to make a couple of dollars will probably keep me away but if I'm off, see y'all there.

It was pointed out that my post may be confusing. It will be only me. Meant to say I also agree with Winchesters. And Rob, the only poor people are those without friends. You, my friend, are not poor!

Hey y'all. Haven't ridden or met any of y'all yet, but I could be up for a Saturday ride here or there.
Most weekends are free.
TrinLady Park! Someone else knows that area! I was in Huntsville for a long time (outside the walls) going to school. That was some real sugar sand on that road.
Now I'm just south of Conroe, but get out to the 1791, 149, and other areas when I can.
Winchester. Is this the one out by Fayetteville and LaGrange? Beautiful area. Wouldn't mind riding that soon.

Winchester. Is this the one out by Fayetteville and LaGrange? Beautiful area. Wouldn't mind riding that soon.

Friday at 11:30a is SOON! Come on. Murphy's steak house in Winchester.

Hey y'all. Haven't ridden or met any of y'all yet, but I could be up for a Saturday ride here or there.
Most weekends are free.
TrinLady Park! Someone else knows that area! I was in Huntsville for a long time (outside the walls) going to school. That was some real sugar sand on that road.
Now I'm just south of Conroe, but get out to the 1791, 149, and other areas when I can.

Everyone is welcome to join in for the Friday lunch rides. Most of the attendee's are retired, except for me but I plan to fix that this year.

I usually ride some on the weekends, depending on the weather. Sometime a few of us get together, or regularly on a lark I'll go it alone. Several of us ride all three types of terrain and occasionally make a race or two, so destinations vary.

Post up in the upcoming ride section if you're wanting to do a weekend ride and it's likely you'll find others looking to do just the same.

Ha! Yeah Friday is soon. But I'm still a workin' stiff for a few more years or so. Might try for a Friday off though.

Most weekends are free.

What are you riding now, street or dual sport?

Most weekends are free.

Hey BearKat Merlin, I take it you went to SHSU ? I used to live in The Woodlands, there on Shenandoah Dr. Left that area in 1983. Man has that area grown up since then ! ! ! :lol2: Trinlady Park was back then an awesome place to blast around on the sugar sand roads with my ol' TT500 ! ! :rider:

Woods guy,
I have a plated XR400, but mostly riding a manual Africa Twin. It's on Motoz Tractionators, but have some Avon Trailriders on the way for a little better road manners.

Kind of want to do some more trails before I put the Avon's on it. But I'll change them out whenever I need to I guess. Would help to have a spare wheel set.

Last edited:
Bigdave, yeah, I did go to Sam. When I wasn't running around the woods. Back then, hardly any gates were locked, and we could ride bikes almost anywhere. Mostly was in 4x4's, had taken a break from bikes. Even back then, early 80's, we would explore any backroad or trail we could find.
When were you there?
And, yes, The Woodlands has really grown. I'm ready to get out of it. It's way too crowded.
But then, I left Huntsville in '89, and it's changed a lot, too.

Woods guy,
I have a plated XR400, but mostly riding a manual Africa Twin. It's on Motoz Tractionators, but have some Avon Trailriders on the way for a little better road manners.

Kind of want to do some more trails before I put the Avon's on it. But I'll change them out whenever I need to I guess. Would help to have a spare wheel set.

I have a GS for dirt roads or a real dirt bike for offroad. Or can take a real street bike, but prefer dirt roads on the GS.

I have a GS for dirt roads or a real dirt bike for offroad. Or can take a real street bike, but prefer dirt roads on the GS.

When I first saw your list of bikes, I thought that was 2 GS's. Just now noticed the 1200 was an RS. I do like the F800GS. Almost got that before I found the AT.

Nice bunch of bikes and car.

My other bike is a Jeep.?

Last edited:
My Jeep has been sitting alot more than my Tenere lately. [emoji15]

Bigdave, yeah, I did go to Sam. When I wasn't running around the woods. Back then, hardly any gates were locked, and we could ride bikes almost anywhere. Mostly was in 4x4's, had taken a break from bikes. Even back then, early 80's, we would explore any backroad or trail we could find.
When were you there?
And, yes, The Woodlands has really grown. I'm ready to get out of it. It's way too crowded.
But then, I left Huntsville in '89, and it's changed a lot, too.

I was there from spring of 81 to Dec of 83. Yeah, back then I didn't find very many if any gates. You could blast around in the Big Thicket for days. Lots of sugar sand roads and red colucci, which got a bit tricky after a good rain ! ! !

Small world. I was there from'79 till '90. Went to Sam, and worked at NAPA for about 8 or 9 years.

We had six people today at Murphy's in Winchester. It was good seeing the familiar faces and meeting the new ones. I had 270 miles of fun backroads on the day, thanks for leading Joe.

$15 Rib Eye

IMG_1024.jpg

looks great

QUOTE=Rsquared;1546403]We had six people today at Murphy's in Winchester. It was good seeing the familiar faces and meeting the new ones. I had 270 miles of fun backroads on the day, thanks for leading Joe.

$15 Rib Eye

IMG_1024.jpg

...[/QUOTE]

We tried to get Roger to share that Steak. But he scarfed that thing down.

I didn't see anyone that didn't have a "generous meal". Roger was safe.:rofl:

Nice lunch location and great day to ride. Good to see everyone...

I didn't see anyone that didn't have a "generous meal". Roger was safe.:rofl:

Nice lunch location and great day to ride. Good to see everyone...

It was nice to meet you Jeff. You have to look hard on Murphy's menu to not get a generous portion. Joe and I both had the Chicken Fried Steak special and a drink for eight bucks, with two sides and left stuffed!

There were two Jeffs and two Joes yesterday. Roger and Tom will need to work on recruiting more members to keep up! ;-)

It was nice to meet you Jeff. You have to look hard on Murphy's menu to not get a generous portion. Joe and I both had the Chicken Fried Steak special and a drink for eight bucks, with two sides and left stuffed!

There were two Jeffs and two Joes yesterday. Roger and Tom will need to work on recruiting more members to keep up! ;-)

You had two Rogers also (Rsquared). Lol
I wanted to join but only made it to El Paso Thursday night so too far of a ride to make it by noontime.

Back