• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike Life in Sugar Land Area?

leekellerking

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Last Name
King
I need to borrow a bike lift (or build a wooden one) so I can change the rear tire on my Yamaha Vstar 650. The tire and new tube are ordered from CycleGear and they will mount the new tire, but first I have to get the wheel off the cruiser and I don't have a center stand.

Does anyone in the Sugar Land area have a bike life or stand that I can borrow for a few days next week? (Tire should get to SW Frwy Cycle Gear on Thursday).

Or, if someone wants to help me build a wooden lift...

http://www.ehow.com/how_4700771_build-motorcycle-lift.html

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

[There, I fixed it.:oops:]

I'm not recommending you do this without lots of spotters/helpers standing by to help catch the bike....

But, you can often tilt a lighter-weight cruiser such as this up onto the sidestand to get the rear wheel off the ground by pulling on both handlebars so the front wheel and sidestand hold the bike up. Pick you block location before hand and have an assistant slide a large wood block under the motor/frame on the right just as you tug on the bars. The rear wheel will be off the ground enough to slide it out after removing the axle.

I did my wife's Suzuki Savage this way, all my Ducatis and many other bikes when I worked at the bike shop.

That is a possibility, Chris.

I'm not recommending you do this without lots of spotters/helpers standing by to help catch the bike....

But, you can often tilt a lighter-weight cruiser such as this up onto the sidestand to get the rear wheel off the ground by pulling on both handlebars so the front wheel and sidestand hold the bike up. Pick you block location before hand and have an assistant slide a large wood block under the motor/frame on the right just as you tug on the bars. The rear wheel will be off the ground enough to slide it out after removing the axle.

I did my wife's Suzuki Savage this way, all my Ducatis and many other bikes when I worked at the bike shop.

I was thinking about doing tires on the tiger this weekend. Give me a shout if you want to do yours also.

Too bad there is no way to temporarily relocate the center stand from the Nightchicken, and then put it back when done.

Hey Lee, I have a lift at the house you can borrow if you dont wanna go to Jamies house; lemme know.

Bob, I may take you up on that.

Jamie, problem is, the tire isn't here until Thursday. I was thinking of pulling the wheel Wednesday night and dropping it off at Cycle Gear Thursday at lunch. (Or something like that).

Lee

Bob, I may take you up on that.

Lee

Im out of town until the 29th; if you would still wanna borrow it, you could pick it up or I could have one of my strapping young lads (:doh:) drop it off at your house.
If I was home, Id mount the tire for you, I finally got my Harbor Freight tire rig set up the way I want it. :clap:

Re: Bike Lift in Sugar Land Area?

Maybe I can pick up or take delivery, then. I'm going with Cycle Gear for mounting but I'll take the offer next time. Thanks.

How is Albany?

And tell Travis "way to go" on the English exam! (I saw your FB post).

Lee

Im out of town until the 29th; if you would still wanna borrow it, you could pick it up or I could have one of my strapping young lads (:doh:) drop it off at your house.
If I was home, Id mount the tire for you, I finally got my Harbor Freight tire rig set up the way I want it. :clap:

Albany was purty darn cold an' rainy.
We should be going back upriver sometime Monday, hopefully the weather will be a bit nicer, fall foliage is coming along nicely and I hope to get some pics.

I dont know that you have a pickup or van if you wanna come get the lift.
I'll pass along the 'atta boy' to Travis. :sun:

Thanks to Bob D. (rad3766) and his son, Thomas, I now have the use of a lift. :thumb:

Now, maybe I should grease the splines next Sunday since I'll have the wheel off? :ponder:

(After I get back from Cub Scout camping). :eek2:

Back