• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/24/18 - Center Point + 2 day ride option-TARA/SA

I have used shopping bags over my socks for years because my boots leaked like a sieve.
Large Zip Lock bags will work.
I finally broke down last week and bought some Sidi GoreTex waterproof boots.

I have used shopping bags over my socks for years because my boots leaked like a sieve.
Large Zip Lock bags will work.
I finally broke down last week and bought some Sidi GoreTex waterproof boots.

thanks, for the info. i was afraid of this (for the sake of my wallet) Sidi GoreTex waterproof boots., here we go

give us a review.

On pavement they are great, I have no problem with them. Hard pack as well.

It's when the road surface is a little loose that things get hairy. I didn't mean to say that you won't do just fine, but if this weekend is challenging I would look at replacing just the front with a more dirt oriented tire.

I guess I should have ended with the caveat: YMMV

Ya ya ya ya ya! No worries, I knew what you meant. May do as you suggested and grab a front knobbie [emoji1360]

May sit this weekend out because I’m still having problems with the fuel system due to bike sitting most of the last 8 months...might have to sell her next time I go to Asia [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Trying to get it sorted before then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, for the info. i was afraid of this (for the sake of my wallet) Sidi GoreTex waterproof boots., here we go

give us a review.
I have the Forma adventure boots. Totally waterproof even when standing in water, as long as it didn't get up over the waterproof portion (roughly mid calf).

Sidi GoreTex waterproof boots review.
I have only worn them on one ride but they were fantastic.
They seem to run a little small for the size they say they are. Or it is just me.
They also seem to be a little narrower than my Fly Moto cross boots so if you are a wide foot they probably will not fit.
I would not buy them from Europe, returns are a b**ch I understand.
I went to Revzilla, they have great videos and fantastic return policies. They are $495 and my Fly moto cross boots with plastic bags in them were $100 but you get what you pay for.
People complain they squeak. It is what I call a rubber sole and on smooth tile floors they squeak but it does not bother me.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have the Forma adventure boots. Totally waterproof even when standing in water, as long as it didn't get up over the waterproof portion (roughly mid calf).

Mine don’t seem to have ever been waterproof...

Which sucks because I love them otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER - I JUST GOT BACK FROM NEW MEXICO and it was gorgeous with perfect temperatures, clear skies, overall awesome. I was thinking, "well this weather will arrive in Austin by Friday" Boy was I WRONG!!!

Sidi GoreTex waterproof boots review.
I have only worn them on one ride but they were fantastic.
They seem to run a little small for the size they say they are. Or it is just me.
They also seem to be a little narrower than my Fly Moto cross boots so if you are a wide foot they probably will not fit.
I would not buy them from Europe, returns are a b**ch I understand.
I went to Revzilla, they have great videos and fantastic return policies. They are $495 and my Fly moto cross boots with plastic bags in them were $100 but you get what you pay for.
People complain they squeak. It is what I call a rubber sole and on smooth tile floors they squeak but it does not bother me.
Hope this helps.

If squeeking, just need to walk them and wear the sole a little. Good info, I have paddle feet so I would have to go to a cycle gear and buy off the shelf. Wide feet are hard to fit. One companies d is anothers ee and so on. Same with size 12-13 .

Wm w...I like the sound of dry feet standing inwater:thumb:

Well, Austin's unquenchable hunger for my food means I'm working all weekend. You guys and gals have fun.

Im still in if this ride is on. Be on the KLR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sending the image since the weather report will change a few more times before Saturday morning.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTX0872:1:US
40427846401_eb5b2f9731_o.gif

I'm ready to ride!

Last edited:
I still going. Tomorrow will be at Schreiner Park, Kerrville.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

It's touch and go. Calling for a clear out after 10am or so on Sat morning. Then clear for the rest of the weekend and low of 39 sat nite/morning. But good warm up to upper 60's on both days. I think its gonna work :pray:
D a mitt Gordo, what about the strom contengent? Just be cause you want topay the bills for next month are you going to miss this ride? Com on man. (Just playin witch ya)

Bring extra socks

Last edited:
I have the Sidi GoreTex boots also. Completely waterproof, comfortable riding, and to walk around but they do run about 1/2 size small.

It's touch and go. Calling for a clear out after 10am or so on Sat morning. Then clear for the rest of the weekend and low of 39 sat nite/morning. But good warm up to upper 60's on both days. I think its gonna work :pray:
D a mitt Gordo, what about the strom contengent? Just be cause you want topay the bills for next month are you going to miss this ride? Com on man. (Just playin witch ya)

Bring extra socks

Oh, I was actually looking forward to the weather :) I just got my electric gear wired up. I'm all kinds of warm and dry. Stupid people and stupid pastrami...

Wish you were riding Mike. Dont miss Big Bend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back