• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jacket

Poxy

Reaction score
Last Saturday I decided to wash my motorcycle jacket and pants for the first time in about 5 years, brought it to the Laundry Mart. It got clean OK. But when I inspected my Tourmaster Epic jacket, which was pretty good all those years, I found that the shoulder pads had disintegrated, all crumbled up in peaces and I can't just replace them without cutting open the inner mesh liner. dang it, it looks like it is time to buy a new Jackett. I will make sure the next jacket has pockets to replace the armor pads.

Sorry to hear it. Lots of great gear out there but most of what I ride in is Olympic. Very popular brand, good bang for the buck and POCKETS for your pads. The knee pads also have adjustment up and down. Happy hunting.

Must be a fairly old jacket; both my current Tourmasters have armor pockets that Velcro shut. There is a LOT of good gear out there, but my favorite remains Tourmaster - great value for price, and it always seems to fit me right.

Tourmaster Epic jacket does have velcro flaps to remove shoulder armor. The pads should have been removed before washing as the washing machine agitation is what breaks them down faster.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

On my Flex, the Velcro flaps are at the bottom rather than the top, and you'd have to look twice to spot them.

well then, let me look one more time. Everything else with the jacket is still good.

That'll be on my tombstone as my life accomplishment: "Helped Poxy find the armor pocket in his jacket." Could be worse... Seriously, glad we could help.

Back