• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$31.99 Bargain closeout Tourmaster Textile Pants at newenough

GOT MY Tourmaster Textile pants in today. I absolutely love them. The fit a little loose so be sure to read what they say about the fit and refer to the sizing chart beore ordering.
Overall not a bad deal at all. Great price and just in time for this cold weather.

Attachments

• TMstrTextile1.jpg
    TMstrTextile1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 152
  • TMstrTextile2jpg.jpg
    TMstrTextile2jpg.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 314
I got a pair last week, liked the fit, and ordered a second, got them yesterday.

They are far too hot like anything waterproof, but for the price I had to get them. I am going to vent them so they are more TX friendly.

I am 5'10" and bought the small size unfortunatley the inseam is too short espacially with the armor in. I usually wear MX boots so I would have to tuck them anyway as the will not fit over the boots.

A great, inexpensive base to modify to my needs.

I have a pair that I unfortunately bought back when they were regular price. I like them, but they are too hot for warm weather and do seem to run short. With track boots they are ok, but not for anything more casual. I still think there nice for the money.

How can you do that?? Please share. I rode with them today and boy they are hot!!! But then the temp dipped suddenly this evening and they were confortable.

Tarp grommets are my solution. Got the kit from wal-mart, $4 if I recall. I wanted to put them in a place that is not likely to slide on blacktop to preserve the material integrity.

I put a couple behind the knees a few in the crotch to cool my tool and 2 exhaust ports inside the pockets which are actually covered by the pocket when standing.

I may put one or two on the inside of the knee, in from the kneepad for a ram air effect, but I would prefer to leave that area undisturbed.

I considered just tearing out the liner but then would have to figure out a way to mount the knee and hip pads, plus the liner may provide a couple more feet of sliding time before I'm down to skin.

I also cut out the "piss" flap, I am not proud to say that I have pissed inside my pants because of this damnflap in my Joe Rocket 5.0 overpants. The Joe Rockets I wear as overpants only so I can pull them way down, these I wear as regular pants so I cannot pull them around my ankles....in public toilets for obvious reasons.

In my ride today it was quite cool and I'm not sure of the results. I have a pair that are unvented, I will have to try both back to back to see the real effectiveness of my venting.

FYI: Dupli-Color spray on bed liner does a good job of covering the grommets and sticking to the material. It seemed to add fair amount of time on the belt sander as compared to non bed liner treated material. The solvents in it might weaken the fabric so I'm not sure it would be wise to use it. I thought maybe I could use it to cover grommets in higher wear areas like the outside of the legs.
3-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

Tarp grommets are my solution. Got the kit from wal-mart, $4 if I recall. I wanted to put them in a place that is not likely to slide on blacktop to preserve the material integrity.

I put a couple behind the knees a few in the crotch to cool my tool and 2 exhaust ports inside the pockets which are actually covered by the pocket when standing.

I may put one or two on the inside of the knee, in from the kneepad for a ram air effect, but I would prefer to leave that area undisturbed.

I considered just tearing out the liner but then would have to figure out a way to mount the knee and hip pads, plus the liner may provide a couple more feet of sliding time before I'm down to skin.

I also cut out the "piss" flap, I am not proud to say that I have pissed inside my pants because of this damnflap in my Joe Rocket 5.0 overpants. The Joe Rockets I wear as overpants only so I can pull them way down, these I wear as regular pants so I cannot pull them around my ankles....in public toilets for obvious reasons.

In my ride today it was quite cool and I'm not sure of the results. I have a pair that are unvented, I will have to try both back to back to see the real effectiveness of my venting.

FYI: Dupli-Color spray on bed liner does a good job of covering the grommets and sticking to the material. It seemed to add fair amount of time on the belt sander as compared to non bed liner treated material. The solvents in it might weaken the fabric so I'm not sure it would be wise to use it. I thought maybe I could use it to cover grommets in higher wear areas like the outside of the legs.
3-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

Awesome job and idea. Thanks !

Dang you! You just cost me 43 bucks with shipping.:doh:

I've been wanting some armored water proof touring pants for a while, though. I have a pair of "draggin' jeans" for armor, but don't like the fit. I think I can use these as overpants, too. Wearing 'em and either my tourmaster jacket or Brosh with my Joe Rocket liner under it, I won't have to stop for rain to put on the rain gear. Also got waterproof boots. I'm set!:mrgreen:

If they're a little warm, I bought 'em big so as I might just wear 'em over jeans. I can yank 'em when off the bike, that way.

Back